title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

...Metadata Issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ethan417
    • Oct 2015

...Metadata Issue

Hi

i'm a newbee

i am having a metadata issue with one of my CDs - metadata for all others has been fine.

i am running dbpoweramp 15.3 and effects 11

i have a PC running Windows 7 64 bit

here's my question - i tried to rip the CD - Big Bill Broonzy Classic Box Set
    when viewing dbpoweramp CD Ripper - i can see all the "tracks" but none of the associated metata data is available - i.e. Track name, artist, artwork - etc.

i checked off all the selections on the metadata dropdown - still no metadata
    i selected the review metadata button - no metadata

now here's the interesting thing - Windows Media Player displays all the metadata including the artwork!

how can i access the metadata in dbpoweramp?

many thanks for your help - Ethan
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: ...Metadata Issue

Originally posted by ethan417
    here's my question - i tried to rip the CD - Big Bill Broonzy Classic Box Set
    when viewing dbpoweramp CD Ripper - i can see all the "tracks" but none of the associated metata data is available - i.e. Track name, artist, artwork - etc.

i checked off all the selections on the metadata dropdown - still no metadata
    i selected the review metadata button - no metadata

now here's the interesting thing - Windows Media Player displays all the metadata including the artwork!

how can i access the metadata in dbpoweramp?
    Is this the new, 2015 remastered version of the box set?

If yes, then it is likely the metadata does not currently exist in the 4 metadata providers that are accessed by dBpoweramp, but exists in the Windows Media Player metadata database.

When I come across this situation and I do, regularly, I manually enter the metadata and artwork myself.

Comment

• ethan417
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by mville
      Is this the new, 2015 remastered version of the box set?

If yes, then it is likely the metadata does not currently exist in the 4 metadata providers that are accessed by dBpoweramp, but exists in the Windows Media Player metadata database.

When I come across this situation and I do, regularly, I manually enter the metadata and artwork myself.

Thank you for responding

i know how to enter the metadata

how do i enter the Artwork?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ethan417
        how do i enter the Artwork?
        In the main window click on the "+" above the empty album art.

Dat Ei

Comment

• ethan417
          • Oct 2015

Thank you

Comment

Working...

]]>