title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

15.2 for MAC: "Error writing audio data to Stdin Pipe [EncodeBlock]" -- what to do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mraulino
    • May 2015

15.2 for MAC: "Error writing audio data to Stdin Pipe [EncodeBlock]" -- what to do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 5.42.31 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	297001

Hi,

I'm trying to create a separate library, with lossy files, exclusively for mobile use (an iPhone 6 running the latest OS), and after a quick research, I finally chose to go with VBR AAC, the highest quality.

So what I did was copy my whole PCM library to a new folder, and tell dbpoweramp to batch-convert all my files (all ALAC, mostly 44kHz/16bit but some hi-res as well) to Quality 5 VBR LC AAC. However, after the conversion was finished, I got the error messages on the attached print screen...

Don't know if I did something wrong or stupid... any idea?

thanks,
    Mario
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: 15.2 for MAC: "Error writing audio data to Stdin Pipe [EncodeBlock]" -- what to d

Please confirm, all 44.1kHz, 16-bit ALAC files convert with no errors, but the 96kHz, 24-bit ALAC files give the error?

If yes, I'm guessing, but you may have to downsample the 96kHz, 24-bit ALAC files, to 48kHz, before converting to AAC.

See here:
    The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.

... by the way, there's no need to copy your original library to a new folder. You just need to set a new output location, when converting and your original library remains, untouched.
    Last edited by mville; 10-06-2015, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>