title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Questions regarding the Purchased and Free versions.

Question Questions regarding the Purchased and Free versions.

First of all, an apology. I should not have stopped coming here. With that out of the way, my two questions.

Purchased version. Let's say I buy a copy for my Mac. In a year or two, I may switch to Linux. Is there a Linux version? If yes, will I be offered any discount when I buy the program again?

Free version. I know it only offers the burst ripping method, and does not have access to AR database. What I do not know however, is why there is no link for this free version anywhere on the site. I am using the trial version of the OSX port, which has reverted to the free version (of course). BUT, for someone who didn't get the test version, for someone who just stumbled on the site, where could he/she download the free version?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Questions regarding the Purchased and Free versions.

There will be no Linux version, sorry.

The trial is the free version, you just happen to get full functionality for 21 days, which surely is a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    There will be no Linux version, sorry.

The trial is the free version, you just happen to get full functionality for 21 days, which surely is a good thing?
    Well, then I could just buy a Windows version and run it in WINE. No biggie.

And... I do not see where a trial can be downloaded. It was distributed to the testers, is it unavailable now?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    I do not see where a trial can be downloaded. It was distributed to the testers, is it unavailable now?
    You'll find it here:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Thank you.

Last question: is it any different from the beta version I have? The beta turns all '?' upside down, and that is the only problem with it.

Administrator

? is not allowed in the filename, it is an illegal character, same as * :

I completely forgot regular forum users cannot post links. Quoting the above post was a mistake.

If I download the trial version, will it work on my system? I already used the demo on this machine. Will the trial refuse to run after recognizing the hardware?

I am asking all this because I would very much like a free version for now, that does not grey out the ripping speed in the settings. And does not write upside down ? on the files.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    I completely forgot regular forum users cannot post links. Quoting the above post was a mistake.

If I download the trial version, will it work on my system? I already used the demo on this machine. Will the trial refuse to run after recognizing the hardware?

I am asking all this because I would very much like a free version for now, that does not grey out the ripping speed in the settings. And does not write upside down ? on the files.
    Sorry, your post has me completely puzzled, however, I will try and respond.

As far as I am aware there are only 2 versions of dBpoweramp Music Converter.

There is the purchased version AND the free trial version. The free trial version only has the full features for 21 days and after that, options will become unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Sorry, your post has me completely puzzled, however, I will try and respond.

As far as I am aware there are only 2 versions of dBpoweramp Music Converter.

There is the purchased version AND the free trial version. The free trial version only has the full features for 21 days and after that, options will become unavailable.
    I was a tester. I have the free beta that was distributed to all testers. It works fine, but in settings it is impossible to change the disk drive speed when ripping. The option is greyed out.

Does the current free version have that fixed? Or do I have to purchase the license to have disk ripping speed changeable?

reading speed option not available.png

Administrator

No it means the option is not supported on your drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    No it means the option is not supported on your drive.
    That's weird... reading speed is perfectly supported on XLD. I guess it depends on the application.

Anyway, thanks for answering. I'll try and download the trial and see if it runs on my computer (after running the beta). When I buy the full version and something goes wrong, I will annoy you with my questions again.

Thanks for everything.