title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need a specific naming format

Need a specific naming format

Hi,

I have the full-registered version of dbPowerAmp. I gather that it is possible to have dbPowerAmp automatically name the extracted tracks. I do not yet have enough experience or exposure to be able to customize the name and I'm hoping that someone here would be kind enough to help.

Here is what I would like, if possible.

Top Level folder would be the Album Artist or Various Artists if the Compilation box is checked. I think there is a check in the default string that if Album Artist is NOT specified, then Compilation is assumed and Various Artists is assumed. That default is fine.
    Next level folder would be the name of the album.
    Within the album folder, the tracks would be named as follows:
    1. If Disc number is specified, then two digits, followed by a dash. If Disc number is not specified, then no entry and no dash.
    2. Track number - two digits.
    3. Name of the Track.
    4. If the album is a compilation, then add a space followed by [artist] (include the square brackets)

I am hoping that someone could build the string for me please.

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Need a specific naming format

Try this:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]-,[][SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] [title][IFCOMP] [[artist]][]

Re: Need a specific naming format

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Try this:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]-,[][SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] [title][IFCOMP] [[artist]][]
    Thanks so much - I'll give this a try!