title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A little help with a folder structure condition?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomBomb
    • Oct 2015

Re: A little help with a folder structure condition?

Actually, I just managed to make it work!

This is what I used:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[Album] Disc [disc]\[][track] - [title]

Thanks for the help, though, I probably wouldn't have found it I wasn't experimenting with your ideas!

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TomBomb
      Thanks guys,

I tried both options, but unfortunately, neither of them works. The first one doesn't create a disc folder, and the second one always creates one (with no disc number) :(
      Sorry, I have just noticed you create Album\Album, Disc (a folder within a folder):
      [album artist]\[album][IF][disc_total],=,1,,\[album]_COMMA_ Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title]

So I did not check and see the sub-folder. So, as long as Disc is populated, the Naming string above IS working for me.
      Last edited by mville; 10-01-2015, 03:28 PM. Reason: correct Naming string

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

This is what I used:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[Album] Disc [disc]\[][track] - [title]
        Yep, that looks good too.

... as has been pointed out though, it DOES rely on how you populate the Disc tag, which in this thread, is unclear (pre-ripping and post-ripping).
        Last edited by mville; 10-01-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

In CD Ripper, it doesn't matter much because once the discs are ripped I change these values. If there is only 1 disc in the album, then these values are empty (I remove them). If there are several discs, then there will be the disc number and the total number of discs.
          I don't think this is a good idea at all.

Server/player software often references the Disc tag. Your Disc tags are not consistent and there may be repercussions later, with other software.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

One other thing to be aware of is the maximum folder/file path length, which in windows is limited to 260 characters.

Your nested Album folder concept may give you a problem with long Album names.

Example:
            The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th Anniversary Edition)\The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th Anniversary Edition), Disc 2

is 185 characters long, so there is not much room for error here.

There is the [MAXLENGTH]maxlength,string[] function, to help with long strings.

Comment

Working...

]]>