title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little help with a folder structure condition?

Re: A little help with a folder structure condition?

Actually, I just managed to make it work!

This is what I used:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[Album] Disc [disc]\[][track] - [title]

Thanks for the help, though, I probably wouldn't have found it I wasn't experimenting with your ideas!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TomBomb View Post
    Thanks guys,

I tried both options, but unfortunately, neither of them works. The first one doesn't create a disc folder, and the second one always creates one (with no disc number) :(
    Sorry, I have just noticed you create Album\Album, Disc (a folder within a folder):
    [album artist]\[album][IF][disc_total],=,1,,\[album]_COMMA_ Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title]

So I did not check and see the sub-folder. So, as long as Disc is populated, the Naming string above IS working for me.
    Last edited by mville; 10-01-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: correct Naming string

dBpoweramp Guru

This is what I used:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[Album] Disc [disc]\[][track] - [title]
    Yep, that looks good too.

... as has been pointed out though, it DOES rely on how you populate the Disc tag, which in this thread, is unclear (pre-ripping and post-ripping).
    Last edited by mville; 10-01-2015 at 11:36 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

In CD Ripper, it doesn't matter much because once the discs are ripped I change these values. If there is only 1 disc in the album, then these values are empty (I remove them). If there are several discs, then there will be the disc number and the total number of discs.
    I don't think this is a good idea at all.

Server/player software often references the Disc tag. Your Disc tags are not consistent and there may be repercussions later, with other software.

dBpoweramp Guru

One other thing to be aware of is the maximum folder/file path length, which in windows is limited to 260 characters.

Your nested Album folder concept may give you a problem with long Album names.

Example:
    The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th Anniversary Edition)\The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th Anniversary Edition), Disc 2

is 185 characters long, so there is not much room for error here.

There is the [MAXLENGTH]maxlength,string[] function, to help with long strings.