title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbie question - WMP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beemer
    • Sep 2015

Newbie question - WMP

I have just purchased dbpoweramp and PerfectTunes. I am presently using Windows Media Player. What is the best method to populate the PerfectTunes database? Is it from an import/export function or must I direct PerfectTunes to a Windows 7 library or directly to the Windows folders? I ask this as I found nothing about WMP in the illustrate products help files
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Newbie question - WMP

Originally posted by Beemer
    I have just purchased dbpoweramp and PerfectTunes. I am presently using Windows Media Player. What is the best method to populate the PerfectTunes database? Is it from an import/export function or must I direct PerfectTunes to a Windows 7 library or directly to the Windows folders? I ask this as I found nothing about WMP in the illustrate products help files
    Directly to the Windows folders:

Please can you provide a little more background info:
    What file format(s) does your WMP library contain?
    Are the existing library files tagged (inc. artwork)?
    Do you use WMP as a stand-alone player or as a server/player?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

and do you understand that PerfectTunes is not a PLAYER or a MUSIC SERVER. It is a music utility for dealing with album art, id tags, AccurateRip checking, etc. You'll still need a music database/library and a player. If you're on windows, I recommend foobar2000 (it can be both your music library and your player).

Comment

• Beemer
        • Sep 2015

Okay, now I have my separate music folders, MP3, ogg, and flac linked to Perfect Tunes. I have very few WMA format files and shall drop them.

thanks

Comment

• Beemer
          • Sep 2015

I did not realise that it could not play files or serve them. I have bought a Raumfeld connect 2 which arrives tomorrow. It can be controlled from their Android app and I was going to buy the Asset UPnP server as when I upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 I will not have WMP server.

However from your comment I am confused as to whether I need a still need a media player if I have the Raumfeld app and Connect 2?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Beemer
            I did not realise that it could not play files or serve them. I have bought a Raumfeld connect 2 which arrives tomorrow. It can be controlled from their Android app and I was going to buy the Asset UPnP server as when I upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 I will not have WMP server.
            To confirm, Asset UPnP is a UPnP/DLNA audio server only and there is a trial version available. Foobar2000 is a free server/player.

I definitely recommend either of these rather than use WMP. Theoretically, you could install both, test both with the Raumfeld Connect 2 and see which you prefer.

Comment

• Beemer
              • Sep 2015

Thanks, I will try both.

Comment

Working...

]]>