title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Disappearing Album Covers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AGTV
    • Sep 2015

Disappearing Album Covers

Hello,

over the last few days I started to reorganize my music collection. I've bought new .flac music and ripped some older .wav. files to .flac using the " dBpoweramp CD Ripper". I used "mp3tag" to tag the files and insert covers. Everything worked fine. The covers were shown in Windows correctly. Yesterday I installed "foobar2000" as my new music player. Still no problems. When I turned on the PC today, everything was in order, but after I changed a cover (of a .flac file) using "ID-Tag" alot of my .flac files suddenly stopped showing their cover. Now more and more files stop showing their covers and I don't know why. All my files are stored on an external USB 3.0 Drive and I use "Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium".

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Disappearing Album Covers

By default Windows 7 will not show the covers for the tracks, dBpoweramp does (or some other shell extension you might have installed).

If you right click on one of the FLAC files which is not showing art >> Edit ID Tags, does the album art show in Edit ID Tags?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AGTV
      • Sep 2015

Re: Disappearing Album Covers

Hello, yes it does. I was able to fix the error by refreshing the file type assignment of "dBpoweramp". Now everything is working again, as long as I don't use the "ID-Tag" function. I can live with that, since I have mp3tag for tagging. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Working...

]]>