title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip from USB turntable

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Rip from USB turntable

Originally posted by schmidj
    I'm not sure what Mville means by "high priced" and how price relates to performance in this day and age...
    Schmidj, this is simply a way to distinguish between professional a/d converters and the bulk standard audio chips (inc. a/d converters) found in most consumer PC motherboards/soundcards.

Your point about the majority of todays recording methods and the use of a/d converters is absolutely right i.e. once voices and instruments have been recorded to hard disk, the whole process of mixing and mastering remains in the digital domain.

Having said that, there is a trend here in London, where a few artists/producers are wanting recording studios where the whole recording process remains in the analog domain. You'll also no doubt be aware, that vinyl is making a comeback, especially with the younger generation and not just us 50-somethings.

Regarding MOTU, I am very familiar with the company. My recording studio used MOTU midi interfaces and midi patchbays, I am just not familiar with your MOTU box.

Just to confirm, all this stuff is very interesting and is not meant to detract or disrespect the original point(s) raised in this thread.

Comment

Working...

]]>