title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: COLUMNS: 1) Able to be Reordered, 2) Hold their 'resized' size from disc to disc

Lightbulb COLUMNS: 1) Able to be Reordered, 2) Hold their 'resized' size from disc to disc

Why doesn't dBpa have the same standard GUI functionality that's available in virtually every other software program that uses "columns" to display data?

That is:

1) The 'ORDER' of the columns in dBpa cannot be changed. I realize specific columns can be 'enabled' or 'disabled', but NOT reordered. This is ridiculous. One should be able to move the columns into the order that they feel works best for them. I like... [Track] [Artist] [Title] [Length] [Rip Status], but must live with [Track] [Title] [Length] [Rip Status] [Artist].

2) While individual columns CAN be resized, THE CHANGED SIZES DO NOT HOLD! Not only does this occur from one start of the program to the next, but most annoying is that the columns resize back to their defaults from DISC to DISC! This is not only extremely frustrating and downright annoying as it makes one do "double-work" by having to resize the columns each and every time a new disc is loaded, but it's one of the simplest standards built into every GUI of every program written since Windows 98! So why not in dBpa in 2015?

Am I the only one experiencing these problems?

If I am, could someone please tell me how to resolve them? But, if I'm not, PLEASE FIX these two simple issues by the next release of dBpa.

Thank You.

C64

dBpoweramp R15.3 for Windows
    Windows 7 (x64)

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: COLUMNS: 1) Able to be Reordered, 2) Hold their 'resized' size from disc to disc

Quote Originally Posted by commodore64 View Post
    Why doesn't dBpa have the same standard GUI functionality that's available in virtually every other software program that uses "columns" to display data?

dBpoweramp R15.3 for Windows
    Windows 7 (x64)
    Which dBpoweramp window are you referring to?

Re: COLUMNS: 1) Able to be Reordered, 2) Hold their 'resized' size from disc to disc

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Which dBpoweramp window are you referring to?
    The Main window that opens when you first start the program; the window entitled "dBpoweramp CD Ripper".

dBpoweramp Guru

The order and width are saved, if they are not on your system it suggests that dbpoweramp in not allowed to write to the Windows registry, try right click nice ripper >> run as administrator.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by commodore64 View Post
    The Main window that opens when you first start the program; the window entitled "dBpoweramp CD Ripper".
    I can confirm that the order and size are being saved on my Windows 8.1 64-bit PC.

Note that the ordering is not by drag-and-drop, but on right-click and then the order in which columns are ticked.