title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track number doesn't show up

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Track number doesn't show up

Quote Originally Posted by dragomnoony View Post
    Release 5.1, I even uninstalled it and deleted the settings folder in %AppData% and then restarted my pc and reinstalled, I thought maybe some config files were corrupt or something, no luck.
    In Asset UPnP Configuration, set FLAC as MP3 back to FLAC as is, then Restart Asset. What do you get in Asset Control after Asset Restart?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    In Asset UPnP Configuration, set FLAC as MP3 back to FLAC as is, then Restart Asset. What do you get in Asset Control after Asset Restart?
    Changing Flac to as is instead of mp3 didn't do anything. But using Asset control(Windows) & BubbleUPNP(android), I get track numbers in "Artist / Album" but not in "Albumartist / Album", on the PS4 though, no track number either way :(

Can I have asset upnp just literally take the track number and shove it in the title when streaming?

edit: I now know why I get track number when navigating through "artist/album" and not "albumartist/album", it's because the former has a child "album" and the latter does not. Can I force the inclusion of track number in all lists instead? and can I just take the number and add it to the title so it works on the PS4 as well?

edit2 I just remembered, the folder and filename navigation is locked for free users, I'd like to buy asset upnp if it worked for my setup, but I can't try and see if folder navigation might solve my problems, does anyone know? I don't feel like buying Asset upnp just to find out it still doesn't work well with my setup.
    Last edited by dragomnoony; 09-24-2015 at 11:04 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Changing Flac to as is instead of mp3 didn't do anything. But using Asset control(Windows) & BubbleUPNP(android), I get track numbers in "Artist / Album" but not in "Albumartist / Album", on the PS4 though, no track number either way
    At least you're making progress.

I'm sure you can configure the Browse Tree so that Asset Control (and other DLNA clients) can sort/display by track number. I have customised my Browse Tree and I get track numbers for Album Artist / Album >> Album By Release (as a child of Album Artist / Album).

Looks also like BubbleUPnP DOES support track numbers, although it is confirmed that currently, the Sony PS4 doesn't support the track numbers.

Have you edited you're browse tree at all?

Can I have asset upnp just literally take the track number and shove it in the title when streaming?
    I have no idea.

dBpoweramp Guru

I just remembered, the folder and filename navigation is locked for free users, I'd like to buy asset upnp if it worked for my setup, but I can't try and see if folder navigation might solve my problems, does anyone know? I don't feel like buying Asset upnp just to find out it still doesn't work well with my setup.
    Sorry, I don't own a Sony PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    At least you're making progress.

I'm sure you can configure the Browse Tree so that Asset Control (and other DLNA clients) can sort/display by track number. I have customised my Browse Tree and I get track numbers for Album Artist / Album >> Album By Release (as a child of Album Artist / Album).

Looks also like BubbleUPnP DOES support track numbers, although it is confirmed that currently, the Sony PS4 doesn't support the track numbers.

Have you edited you're browse tree at all?

I have no idea.
    Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated. Shame there isn't a timed trial for the "premium" features of asset upnp, if there was, I'd be able to try it out and see if I can solve the track number lacking issue with the PS4 using the folder browser.

Administrator

Track numbers are only appended if browsing an actual album, through Artist >> Album >>

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Track numbers are only appended if browsing an actual album, through Artist >> Album >>
    as I mentioned above, that still doesn't make track numbers show up on the PS4.

Administrator

It could be the playstation does not use that value and creates its own, it might be impossible to do as you require on the PS4.

It could be the playstation does not use that value and creates its own, it might be impossible to do as you require on the PS4.
    Does asset upnp folder navigation list the actual file names? If so, that might make it work on PS4 (since the track names are in the file name).

Administrator

Certain players they scan the whole library by doing a search, so does not rely on Assets browse tree, on the PS4 you get the browse tree shown here?:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm

Certain players they scan the whole library by doing a search, so does not rely on Assets browse tree, on the PS4 you get the browse tree shown here?:

Yes, on the PS4 I browse using the browse tree.

Yes, the PS4 does show and use the browse tree exactly like that.

Unhappy Re: Track number doesn't show up

I'got a similar effect: I had track numbers in all albums.

Yesterday I found out that in some albums the tracknumbers had disappeared.

I started asset upnp again in order to do a complete rescan (it's about 11'000 tracks on my server).

It didn't help at all - as far as I can see now all track numbers are gone.

There was an intermediate state, in one album there were tracks with track numbers and the other tracks were without numbers - but anyway: now there are no more track numbers in any album.

My server is a samsung ultra-book running under windows 7 (my microsoft updates are up to date).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ramusic View Post
    Yesterday I found out that in some albums the tracknumbers had disappeared.

I started asset upnp again in order to do a complete rescan (it's about 11'000 tracks on my server).

It didn't help at all - as far as I can see now all track numbers are gone.
    In which DLNA client software are you not seeing track numbers?

What file format is your audio library?