title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AAC audio (protected) (.m4p) to mp3

AAC audio (protected) (.m4p) to mp3

I have many AAC audio (protected) (.m4p) file I need to convert to mp3. I will also use the Batch Converter if thats possible. Currently, my paid download doesnt recognize these files when I select the folder they are in. Am I missing a Codec? Or what do I need to do?
    Any help is appreciated.

Z

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: AAC audio (protected) (.m4p) to mp3

Quote Originally Posted by zee View Post
    I have many AAC audio (protected) (.m4p) file I need to convert to mp3. I will also use the Batch Converter if thats possible. Currently, my paid download doesnt recognize these files when I select the folder they are in. Am I missing a Codec? Or what do I need to do?
    Any help is appreciated.

Z
    Dbpa won't convert m4p files because they are DRM protected. If you bought these on iTunes I know in the past they would offer non-DRM replacements (m4a) on most songs for a small charge.

Otherwise you you need to burn these to an audio cd using iTunes. Then you can rip the cd to MP3. This is a lossy to lossy conversion however.

Re: AAC audio (protected) (.m4p) to mp3

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Dbpa won't convert m4p files because they are DRM protected. If you bought these on iTunes I know in the past they would offer non-DRM replacements (m4a) on most songs for a small charge.

Otherwise you you need to burn these to an audio cd using iTunes. Then you can rip the cd to MP3. This is a lossy to lossy conversion however.

Thankyou