title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to install 32-bit version in a 64-bit Windows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrjayviper
    • Sep 2015

How to install 32-bit version in a 64-bit Windows?

as title. I just tried installing the trial on 64-bit Windows and it installed as 64-bit. and I don't see a separate download for a 32bit version.

The reason I'm asking is I wanna install Nero AAC encoder which is 32bit only.

Thanks
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: How to install 32-bit version in a 64-bit Windows?

Hey mrjayviper,

the 32bit and 64bit version are included in the download file. To install the 32bit version, hold the right shift key pressed while starting the installer until a window with the install path (with program x86) pops up.

Dat Ei

Comment

• mrjayviper
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey mrjayviper,

the 32bit and 64bit version are included in the download file. To install the 32bit version, hold the right shift key pressed while starting the installer until a window with the install path (with program x86) pops up.

Dat Ei
      can you please explain the part "while starting the installer"? Every thing I've done only brings up the 64bit version. thanks again

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

See:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• blkbrdsr71
          • Apr 2010

Thanks, just what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...

]]>