title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem with external Buffalo CD/DVD Burner

Problem with external Buffalo CD/DVD Burner

Hi:

Prior to reinstalling windows 7 pro 64 bit, I had no problems with my Buffalo external burner and DBPowerAMP CD Ripper.

Now, no matter which CD I insert, I get the following: "This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different key disc."

This burner worked perfectly before. I had no problems configuring it.

Please assist me.

Thank you.

mdubin

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Problem with external Buffalo CD/DVD Burner

Quote Originally Posted by mdubin View Post
    Prior to reinstalling windows 7 pro 64 bit, I had no problems with my Buffalo external burner and DBPowerAMP CD Ripper.

Now, no matter which CD I insert, I get the following: "This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different key disc."
    See here:
    http://www.accuraterip.com/keydiscs.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

In the past it asked for about three keydiscs and then the Buffalo was configured perfectly. Now, no disc I insert including some that are in the accuraterip listing you provided works. I get the same message I quoted above.

So I am stumped. DBPowerAMP does work perfectly with the internal CD/DVD Burner installed by DELL in my laptop. But I like to switch off and the Buffalo had always worked fine before I had to reinstall windows 7.

mdubin

Administrator

Keep feeding discs, once you have 3 matching it will configure.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Thanks for your reply. But I used the same keydiscs as I did when I first purchased the Buffalo CD/DVD burner. I had no problems then so why now? I also did try using some discs in the accuraterip database which I own and had the same problem (for example, America: History Greatest Hits).

I wish to be able to switch between the CD/DVD burner internal to my Dell Laptop (which works fine) and the Buffalo (which worked until I had to do a clean reinstall of windows 7).

Any other ideas on how to get the Buffalo configured?

Thank you.

mdubin

Administrator

It is possible that since then and now, multiple pressings have been submitted for the discs you used.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Thanks, Spoon. I'll give that a try. It might be time consuming but it will be worth it if I can use more than one CD/DVD drive with this software. Will let you know if I am successful.

mdubin

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Thanks, Spoon. Patience is a virtue. It took about a dozen discs, but I found three which finally enabled my Buffalo CD/DVD burner to configure successfully.

mdubin