title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: coreconvert Null encoder?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

coreconvert Null encoder?

I've been using coreconverter command line mode for a while now to convert mp2 to mp3 (I work for a radio station and the conversion is part of an automated script to deal with network audio uploaded to our ftp server). I'm working on another tool to apply ReplayGain without re-encoding the file (different problem). SO... is there such a thing as a null encoder or a way to pass the source file through without re-encoding it? I just need to use the replaygain dsp in command line mode. I remember reading something about this before but I can't find any threads that talk about it now, or maybe it's just been too long and my memory is confused. Thanks for the input.

Administrator

Re: coreconvert Null encoder?

Visit codec central and install the Replaygain utility codec, then convert to that.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank You.

I tried it but, what it looks like it works it doesn't write the result back to the file.

"c:\Program Files (x86)\illustrate\dBpoweramp\coreconverter.exe" -infile="D:\Jazz Sebastian Bach [Compilation]\13 - The Well-Tempered Clavier Vol.2 Fugue In D Major.flac" -outfile="D:\Jazz Sebastian Bach [Compilation]\13 - The Well-Tempered Clavier Vol.2 Fugue In D Major.flac" -convert_to="[ReplayGain]" -nor128

Run from the command line it looks like it works it just doesn't write to the file. So what did I miss?

Administrator

Try using Music Converter to test if it is working as it should first.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

That was my first thought and yes, Music Converter with the Replaygain codec does work. I was trying to see if there was a way to see the command line that music converter used, but I didn't find any. I know that coreconverter requires both the input and output files names to be present, I've tried them being the same and different no difference (when they are different no output file is created so I assume that ReplayGain ignores the output file spec). I've tried different files and get the same result, the CMD windows shows the line of stars go from 0 to 100% and then returns to the cmd prompt no errors, but no changes are made to the file (I check the tags to see if the replaygain tags got written and ignore the datastamp). is ReplayGain writing the tags to a different output and expecting someone else to update the tags in the file?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try using Music Converter to test if it is working as it should first.

Administrator

Actually thinking about it, the coreconverter cannot drive replaygain as it requires a special call which only music converter can call.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So that brings us back to my original question. Is there a null encoder (or something that could be used as a null encoder) so I could do ReplayGain without having to change the audio file. Would arrange work or something else?

Also just FYI [Audio Info] also doesn't work as an encoder with coreconverter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Actually thinking about it, the coreconverter cannot drive replaygain as it requires a special call which only music converter can call.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok, So I found a work around. It is a waste of CPU time but Since I'm working in a lossless codec (FLAC) I can convert FLAC to FLAC with the ReplayGain DSP and the audio remains unchanged. Thank the heavens for Fast Mullticore CPU's.