title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AccurateRip in WMP

AccurateRip in WMP

I opened up a new feature request for AccurateRip support when ripping to lossless in Windows Media Player.

Please give it some votes guys!

> Vote Here <

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: AccurateRip in WMP

Quote Originally Posted by jorourke View Post
    I opened up a new feature request for AccurateRip support when ripping to lossless in Windows Media Player.

Please give it some votes guys!

> Vote Here <
    Sorry, I've spent the last few years from discouraging the use of Windows Media Player, due to it's appalling artwork and tagging implementation. So, I for one will be voting against this feature request, if at all possible.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Sorry, I've spent the last few years from discouraging the use of Windows Media Player, due to it's appalling artwork and tagging implementation. So, I for one will be voting against this feature request, if at all possible.
    And to top it off, even allowing WMP to touch one's already ripped files can wreak havoc with the artwork and tags. My advice is to always keep WMP off. On my windows installs, I never go through the setup stage of WMP just so I don't accidentally use it. If a windows user and one wants a ripper/converter, then obviously dbpa is the answer. For a player, I recommend foobar2000 or a version of winamp. Almost anything other than WMP.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    even allowing WMP to touch one's already ripped files can wreak havoc with the artwork and tags.
    Exactly right.

If a windows user and one wants a ripper/converter, then obviously dbpa is the answer. For a player, I recommend foobar2000 or a version of winamp. Almost anything other than WMP.
    I also endorse garym's recommendations for dBpoweramp and foobar2000. Not sure about Winamp though. If I recall, development was halted a while ago.

dBpoweramp Guru

Not sure about Winamp though. If I recall, development was halted a while ago.
    True. but even the older versions of winamp are better than WMP. That said, I used winamp for many years but later switched to foobar2000 and have been very happy with it as a computer player than can handle about anything.

dBpoweramp Guru

True. but even the older versions of winamp are better than WMP. That said, I used winamp for many years but later switched to foobar2000 and have been very happy with it as a computer player than can handle about anything.
    Snap. I'm also a foobar2000 convert from... winamp

dBpoweramp Guru

Snap. I'm also a foobar2000 convert from... winamp
    Well ... there once was a Winamp guy who wanted so much to convert to fb2k that he even created it. Beat that one if you can

dBpoweramp Guru

Great minds think alike* and greater minds even create cool stuff!

*a common saying, but as I write it I'm thinking that this can't be true. Great minds think *differently*. But you all know what I mean....

I actually use foobar2000 for my player. When winamp was being developed back in the day, I used that. My thinking is that if WMP had AccurateRip support, the database would get more entries. As it is right now some of my discs from lesser known artists cannot be verified due to there being no pressings in the db.