title
Products            Purchase            Codec Central            Forum & Support            Professional            About
  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13

    dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    So long I wondered about the question which program better for losing CDs to wav. I decided to conduct a test. The test took part in the following programs:

    dBpoweramp CD Ripper - the latest edition of the program
    EAC - Exact Audio Copy 1.1 - the latest edition of the program
    Audiochekers 2.0 beta (buli 457) - Dester

    Album which I used to test it Gina T. - 25th Anniversary. The result of the test is very similar but unfortunately program dBpoweramp CD Ripper turned out to be weaker than the program Exact Audio Copy 1.1. Using the program Audiochekers 2.0 beta (buli 457) - Dester saw that the program is doing better.

    Program dBpoweramp CD Ripper.



    Program Exact Audio Copy 1.1.



    As you can see much better results have a program Exact Audio Copy 1.1. You have to consider the important question of whether you should buy the program dBpoweramp CD Ripper. If a free program Exact Audio Copy to better carry out ripping the CD.

  2. #2
    Da Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    37,357

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    AccurateRip will tell you if your rip was error free. Audiochecker is not a correct tool for determining quality of a CD you rip yourself.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    AccurateRip will tell you if your rip was error free. Audiochecker is not a correct tool for determining quality of a CD you rip yourself.
    Please write what is relevant threshold for determining the quality of a CD ripping up.

  4. #4
    Da Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    37,357

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Audiochecker analyses frequencies to determine if the audio track has been encoded to mp3, but it is never 100% because it uses a simple if top frequency is less than a certain amount, it must be mp3 encoded.

    If you have a store bought CD, then why would it have been encoded to mp3? also some masters have these frequency limitations in the redbook audio, it is nothing to do with the ripper used but how the CD was created by the audio engineer.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Audiochecker analyses frequencies to determine if the audio track has been encoded to mp3, but it is never 100% because it uses a simple if top frequency is less than a certain amount, it must be mp3 encoded.

    If you have a store bought CD, then why would it have been encoded to mp3? also some masters have these frequency limitations in the redbook audio, it is nothing to do with the ripper used but how the CD was created by the audio engineer.
    Please write again about what program to use to check ripping. As for the people that make the music in studios they are simply a reluctance them to do that the man had the highest format of the disc while listening to music.

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    3,978

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    best program to check for bit perfect rips is ACCURATERIP. One can get an accuraterip match report when ripping with dbpa, EAC, cuetools, and a few others. If you have already ripped files (lossless), I'd use PerfectTunes to do an after the fact check comparison to ACCURATERIP database. One could use cuetools and foobar2000 for this as well, although with not the full implementation of PerfectTunes.

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by chess View Post
    Please write again about what program to use to check ripping.
    dBpoweramp and Exact Audio Copy are simply reading data off an optical disc, as a series of 1's and 0's. It is irrelevant what the data represents. What is important is that an exact copy of the data is transferred from the optical disc to the hard disc. Audio Checker does not check this at all.

    To truly know the best ripping program, you would need to know exactly what data is on a CD and compare this to the ripped result. This is not possible as we do not know what is exactly on the CD. The next best thing, as described by garym, is ACCURATERIP.

    Quote Originally Posted by chess View Post
    As for the people that make the music in studios they are simply a reluctance them to do that the man had the highest format of the disc while listening to music.
    This is utter rubbish and a terrible generalisation. It might be your experience, but I doubt you can speak for every music producer and artist that ever lived.
    Last edited by mville; 09-11-2015 at 10:08 AM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    At the outset, I thank you for all the post. Garym and mville I have a question. Buys a CD from where it is certain that on the CD, where it is certain that the disc contains songs in format wav, and not in another format. And what happens as a producer who has recorded a CD took a song from mp3 i used the song MP3 as an wav.
    Last edited by chess; 09-11-2015 at 10:38 AM.

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by chess View Post
    Garym and mville I have a question. Buys a CD from where it is certain that on the CD, where it is certain that the disc contains songs in format wav, and not in another format. And what happens as a producer who has recorded a CD took a song from mp3 i used the song MP3 as an vaw.
    Sorry, I don't understand this question.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    What would you do as a CD was to track format mp3.

  11. #11
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by chess View Post
    What would you do as a CD was to track format mp3.
    I'm still not sure what you are asking. However, redbook audio CDs (CD-DA or CDDA) are 2-channel 16-bit Linear PCM, sampled at 44,100 Hz and are not in mp3 format.

    A data disc containing mp3 files is not the same as a standard redbook audio CD.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    You buy the disc and how you can be sure that the disc contains all the songs in the format Wav.

  13. #13
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by chess View Post
    You buy the disc and how you can be sure that the disc contains all the songs in the format Wav.
    Ah, OK. I think what you are asking is how can we be sure that the source material for an audio CD is not mp3 or similar.

    Well, the simple answer is you can't. Maybe, Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon was mastered on cassette. We will never know, for sure. Often, the recording process is printed on the artwork, but that does not mean it is true.

    It does not matter how the music is recorded/mixed/mastered, what matters is, does it sound any good.

    ... and audio CDs are not in wav format, just something very similar (equivalent) to wav.
    Last edited by mville; 09-11-2015 at 11:20 AM. Reason: wav, audio CD clarifivication

  14. #14
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    3,978

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Ah, OK. I think what you are asking is how can we be sure that the source material for an audio CD is not mp3 or similar.

    Well, the simple answer is you can't. Maybe, Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon was mastered on cassette. We will never know, for sure. Often, the recording process is printed on the artwork, but that does not mean it is true.

    It does not matter how the music is recorded/mixed/mastered, what matters is, does it sound any good.

    ... and audio CDs are not in wav format, just something very similar (equivalent) to wav.
    Yes, wav is a "container" that is a holds a lossless version of the track that can be converted back losslessly to LPCM, which is what is on the CD. See:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV

    As mville points out, one can never be sure what a producer of a CD actually used. It is all up to the honesty and reputation of the maker of the CDs. There are certainly CDs out there that are created from mp3 files. Not that many, but they do exist. Just as there are hi-res 24/192 tracks one can buy that are simply upconverted CD quality files (16/44.1), so this is a "fraud" as well.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13

    Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Ah, OK. I think what you are asking is how can we be sure that the source material for an audio CD is not mp3 or similar.

    Well, the simple answer is you can't. Maybe, Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon was mastered on cassette. We will never know, for sure. Often, the recording process is printed on the artwork, but that does not mean it is true.

    It does not matter how the music is recorded/mixed/mastered, what matters is, does it sound any good.

    ... and audio CDs are not in wav format, just something very similar (equivalent) to wav.
    So I understand that there are no programs that would have shown that the manufacturer of the disc you cheated. Note that when you buy a CD you pay for the highest sound quality and not the mp3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright 2018 Illustrate. All Rights Reserved.