title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

Originally posted by chasnc
    So to sum this up, as of the ripping technology available right now 2018.04, the technology used in dBPowerAmp is the best there is. As a hardcore techie and engineer, this is my professional opinion.

- Charles

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper vs. EAC

If I interpreted chess' question, he wanted to know if there was any way to tell if a CD has been "upconverted" from a lower level recording. I believe the software he found can do that, but the chance that you have a CD mastered that way by a major studio has to be very slim.
      Yes, I also believe it will only work if the "upconverted" lower level recording is the source for the CD master, but not if the "upconverted" lower level recording is processed prior to CD mastering e.g. digital to analog to digital.

There is also some people out there who think that they can hear the difference between dBPowerAmp/EAC/etc. Wow. If you think that, you don't understand computers. It is all just data. including the music. If you get a perfect copy (like in dBPowerAmp), it will sound EXACTLY like a perfect copy from EAC. Because it is the exact same stream of binary data. Which causes me to do this: There are 10 kind of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.

So to sum this up, as of the ripping technology available right now 2018.04, the technology used in dBPowerAmp is the best there is. As a hardcore techie and engineer, this is my professional opinion.
      Agreed.

Comment

Working...

]]>