title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mnd file converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ayla
    • Nov 2004

Re: mnd file converter

Thanks for replying so quickly, Bill. (Or do you prefer Mr. Mikkelson?)

When I first subscribed to MusicNet about a year ago, ti had just come out. At the time, you could download songs to your pc that would always be there and you could listen to at any time, whether you still had the service itself or not. That was then. Not sure if it still works that way since I am still a MusicNet subscriber.

I've seen other people that were able to convert the format by changing it to an ra file, but mine isn't allowing me to do that at all.

Oddly enough, I'm stil paying for MusicNet and am not trying to get around having to pay to put songs onto CD's for permanent storage. I am mearly trying to move all of my songs from one system to another and have them still be playable. I did move all of the program files over my network and everything is intact even the program itself. But playing songs on it causes blue screens.

Neither system allows me to listen to the songs in Real Player. Not this one nor my other one, whether connected to the internet or not. Oddly enough, on the other system, they all appear to be Win Amp files, but Win Amp doesn't allow me to play.

Burning to a cd will cost 99 cents for each song. I've tried burning them individually as audio files but my burner does not recognize them as such. I have not tried burning them as data files and then convert to audio.

I am trying to better comprehend the instructions for recording the songs by playing them. If I can do that on the other system, I could then scoot them all over here.

I can play them on the other computer though so it's just a matter of reading comprehension.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Have you tried to define the file type for Winamp on the new computer? Perhaps it's just a matter of getting this Winamp installation to accept those file extensions.

Or to define file associations in your Windows Explorer > Tools >Folder OPtions > File Types and associate Winamp (or maybe Real Player) with that file extension.

I suspect there mayalso be some licences stored on your original computer though. I think I read somewhere that this may be stored somwhere in the registry - hopefully in a fairly explicit way. You might want to take a look and see. Then maybe you can copy those registry keys and load them into the new computer.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Ayla-
        Bill does just fine. I throw in the last name only because there are so many Bills in the world, it gets confusing.
        Try Christina's suggestions. If those do not work, you could try recording them from the soundcard as you play them. I agree, it doesn't make sense to pay a dollar a track to try burning them.
        If Christina's suggestions do not work out, I would suggest that you contact AOL customer support with your problem. Make sure you mention what you said about trying to move your files to your new system. Probably this is related to some sort of license or key being stored in the registry, as Christina suggests. Unless this is an obvious procedure, you are probably best off seeing if AOL can give you guidance.
        Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Ayla
          • Nov 2004

Well, I've been trying to record all night. One issue is that the option for "stereo mix" is not there. The program is trying to record off of the microphone instead. (It ain't working. lol)

Am going to try to edit the registry keys. They had those little buggers hidden well that is for sure. There are a lot of values though so figuring out which one is for what should be fun fun fun!

Editing the registry is not working and neither is moving different components from the program over into this system's program. At least I'm getting a different blue screen this time though.

Last thing to try. Take both systems apart and slave that hard drive into this one then try running the program that way. If it works, I can record it. If it doesn't work, four hundred songs out the window.

Anyone have a highspeed connection I can borrow for a day or two? *grin*

Edited by Ayla to update instead of creating a whole different post.
          Last edited by Ayla; 11-10-2004, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ayla
            Well, I've been trying to record all night. One issue is that the option for "stereo mix" is not there. The program is trying to record off of the microphone instead. (It ain't working. lol)

Am going to try to edit the registry keys. They had those little buggers hidden well that is for sure. There are a lot of values though so figuring out which one is for what should be fun fun fun!

Editing the registry is not working and neither is moving different components from the program over into this system's program. At least I'm getting a different blue screen this time though.

Last thing to try. Take both systems apart and slave that hard drive into this one then try running the program that way. If it works, I can record it. If it doesn't work, four hundred songs out the window.

Anyone have a highspeed connection I can borrow for a day or two? *grin*

Edited by Ayla to update instead of creating a whole different post.
            Ayla, please pay attention to what's written about selecting your input source in Volume Controls. You must add all the sources to yours. See http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...47&postcount=7 in case you missed those explanations in the FAQ in relation to dMC Auxiliary Input.
            Last edited by ChristinaS; 11-10-2004, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Ayla
              • Nov 2004

After a much needed nap, I came back bound and determined to make this work if for no other reason than it was starting to frustrate me.

Christina, the link you gave is the one where I got the instructions from to begin with. lol Couldn't post a reply over there when things didn't work the same, so I posted it here instead.

Since there was no "Stereo Mix" option or "What U Hear" option, I had two choices. Line Aux or Wave Out. Tried Line Aux first. Nope. Wave Out was the one that worked.

It is a little different though. Instead of putting the slider three quarters of the way up, I had to put it all the way down. Sound quality is better and it doesn't get as red in the monitor window. Still goes to the red though. Putting it three quarters of the way up winds up distorting the music too much cause the input (or would that be output?) is a bit too loud. Kind of like feedback at a rock concnert I guess.

I am currently converting all four hundred tracks. Too bad the program doesn't let me do more than twenty at a time. lol

Thanks guys for all of your help!

And Spoon, I'll be getting a small chunk of change later in the month that I had allocated to software. I do believe the pro version of your Converter gets the funds this time. Not only was the converter helpful in resolving this situation, but the members here have been wonderful in helping to "guide" me, and others through the process.

Thank you Bill and Christine.

Now to go and test the files I already converted and slid over here.

*crosses fingers*
              Last edited by Ayla; 11-10-2004, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>