title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mnd file converter

Unregistered

Unhappy mnd file converter

I need to know how to change a mnd music file from musicnet@aol to an wav or mp3 file so that i can listen to it on windows media player email me at juggaklown@aol.com if you have any information

Unregistered

Talking Re: mnd file converter

Me too! at Sam54@aol.com

Unregistered

Red face Re: mnd file converter

please if you could send me a converter as well, i'm dying over here!!! thaverkosaz@aol.com!!!

NEEDEROFHELP

Angry Re: mnd file converter

Hello-
    Still need a converter for mnd myself,, any help would be appreciated.

NEEDEROFHELP

Question Re: mnd file converter

[QUOTE=NEEDEROFHELP]Hello-
    Still need a converter for mnd myself,, any help would be appreciated
    my e mail address is mail me at d4a4n4o4@aol.com (i am NEEDEROFHELP)

Unregistered

Cool Re: mnd file converter

You can just use Real Player to play the files, .mnd is a real media file type. If you do want a converter, just search the web, use google or sumthin.

-JoKeRz42o

Unregistered

Re: mnd file converter

Real Player does work to play them, but not to burn them and i found program that said it converts rmd but it didnt work for me. the company is boilsoft and i couldnt find a serial online but i found a crack in emule

Unregistered

yes, im also in need of an mnd converter badly

any help would be appreciated a lot, my email is jkeezoo@aol.com

Real Player does work to play them, but not to burn them and i found program that said it converts rmd but it didnt work for me. the company is boilsoft and i couldnt find a serial online but i found a crack in emule
    This would be a case where you could use dMC Auxilary Input to record these tracks from your sound card as you play them in RealPlayer.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by xoas
    This would be a case where you could use dMC Auxilary Input to record these tracks from your sound card as you play them in RealPlayer.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
    Well I used that but it has no sound when played. What did I do wrong?

Most likely you did not have the correct input activated on your soundcard. Refer to these threads for more of the specifics of this issue:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6130

The second goes a bit more into the specifics of finding and enabling the correct input from the sound card.

If your recording has multiple tracks (like if you are recording an entire lp) you may have relied on the Auto-Start and Auto-Stop features of Auxilary input. There are times where this will end up missing a break between tracks (if the break is shorter than your specified Auto-Stop setting) and some tracks may be recorded together as a single track and another track may be completely silent.

If these do not apply, can you play other audio files? It may be that you have disabled the appropriate output on your sound card.

If these do not seem to help, please let us know what settings you are using for your recording through auxilary input, whether you see action taking place on the recording meter when you record, and what inputs/output settings you have enabled on your sound card.

Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by xoas
    Most likely you did not have the correct input activated on your soundcard. Refer to these threads for more of the specifics of this issue:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6130

The second goes a bit more into the specifics of finding and enabling the correct input from the sound card.

If your recording has multiple tracks (like if you are recording an entire lp) you may have relied on the Auto-Start and Auto-Stop features of Auxilary input. There are times where this will end up missing a break between tracks (if the break is shorter than your specified Auto-Stop setting) and some tracks may be recorded together as a single track and another track may be completely silent.

If these do not apply, can you play other audio files? It may be that you have disabled the appropriate output on your sound card.

If these do not seem to help, please let us know what settings you are using for your recording through auxilary input, whether you see action taking place on the recording meter when you record, and what inputs/output settings you have enabled on your sound card.

Bill Mikkelsen
    Bill,
    Thanks so much for all your valuable info.
    I was able to get it to record. Silly me forgot to check the stereo mixer. Once I checked it I had no problem at all.
    Thanks to you & others in this forum I learned a great deal & I am able to make my own MP3s now.
    I am sure I will run into other glitches so I will be sure to come back & ask for help.

Again many thanks,
    Paula

Paula-
    Thanks should really go to Christina as she has done a lot of the work on the use of Auxilary Input. But I'm very glad we are able to help.
    Feel free to drop back in if you have any problems, any questions or any insights or ideas to share.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikklesen

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Real Player is not working to play mine. I change the extension to .ra, and then use Real Player to try to play them. Instead, I get a five second buffered string of silence.

These are MusicNet files. Windows 2000 Server, one gig memory on a Gigabyte processor board. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong on my end.

I did manage to get this to work with one song, but not sure if that is because it had been played once on my system already or not. None of the others are working.

On my other system, that I scooted these files over from, in the program files, they are listed as WinAmp files. Apparently, MusicNet and WinAmp use the same file extension. Only problem is that it tells me there is a secuirty issue and can not play the files.

Re-downloading all of these files would take forever as I only have a dial up connection so I am trying to get into them another way if possible.

Ayla----who would love to be a beta tester if a Codec for mnd files is created.

Ayla-
    A little bit of research indicates that MusicNet@aol was set up so that if your subscription to the service expires, runs out or gets cancelled you will be unable to play your musicnet files. This was the case maybe 18 months ago. Is this still the case now?

It looks to me like musicnet offers streaming tracks for listening to while you are connected to the internet, downloadable tracks you can save on your hard drive and listen to on your PC (possibly only good as long as you remain subscribed to the service) and burnable tracks (that you can burn to cd). Except for the burnable tracks, it looks like musicnet is really renting you the music as long as your subscription is paid up, even for the (non-burnable) tracks you download to your hard drive.

If your files are streamable tracks, you can only listen to them while connected to the internet and they should play on RealPlayer (if you are still subscribed to the service). If your tracks are complete audio files downloaded on the hard drive you should be able to listen to them in RealPlayer (possibly only if you are subscribed to the service).
    If they are burnable, you should be able to burn them to cd (in which case you could re-rip them to mp3).

These files are copy-protected. There will be no codec for these files available until such a time as musicnet@aol changes its policy on these tracks, unless it is developed by some hacker somewhere. If you can play them you can record them. If you can't play them or burn them you are out of luck.

So if you can't play them in RealPlayer off of the hard drive (I don't think you need to change their extension to listen to them), check to see if you can listen to them through RealPlayer while connected to the internet. If that does not work, see if you can burn them to cd (or at least go through the motions to determine whether your burner will try to convert them. Let us know what you find.

Bill Mikkelsen