title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asset R5.2 [Windows] Discussions

Administrator

Asset R5.2 [Windows] Discussions

Asset R5.2 [Windows] Discussions

Re: Asset R5.2 [Windows] Discussions

Looks like Asset 5.2 beta has a bug: Both my Yamaha RX-V479 and the foobar mobile app on my Lumia 925 are not showing Asset anymore as UPnP server - although it is running (as local account - as usual). I restarted everything in the application and between installation and today I shut down the computer (Win 10)

uMediaLibrary is running (it is an Asset service, or?)

P.S.: Re-Installed 5.1 and now the Asset UPnP option is given in foobar mobile...
    Last edited by kaum; 09-23-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Administrator

It is working also on Yamaha?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is working also on Yamaha?
    Yes, with Asset 5.1 I can see the Asset UPnP option on the foobar mobile and Yamaha RX-V - yesterday with the 5.2 beta I did not see that option on both devices (Asset installed on Win 10 64bit)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

After updating from the latest release to R5.2Beta (installing on top of existing installation) on WHS2011, Asset does not show on the Dashboard anymore.
    In the Dashbpard Add-Ins section, Dashboard shows asset as being V5.0.0.1. When I remote desktop into WHS2011 and start Asset UPNP configuration from the Windows start menu, it shows Release 5.2 Beta (running as service).
    In "Songbook" Version Details, it shows up as Release 5.2 Beta as well.

Administrator

Try uninstall all, reinstall whs version, then asset beta version over the top without uninstalling.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon, after solving the abovementioned issue with your help, I do have to report another issue, I experience:

I cannot find artists anymore, that are "Multiple Artists"

Let me explain:

- My artist delimiter is a ; I either get these tags directly by ripping with dbpoweramp, or I enter them later on using MP3Tag, in case, I need additional info
    - Asset seemed to always accept that to recognize each of the multiple artists
    - I usually do enter an album artist and - if needed - include a compilation-tag with the value 1, if I have different "multiple artists" on the tracks
    - Browsing with for example Songbook, I can still find songs or albums related to the first of the multiple artists entered in the artist tag
    - But: the second and third etc. artist seem not to be indexed anymore: there is no way to look for songs or albums, artist "B" contributed to, when this artist "B" is listed after artist "A" ( like A; B; C; D; )
    - summing it up: artist-tag looks like this: A; B; C; D; E browsing artist/album: only can find albums related to artist A Looking for artists: I only can find artist A, not artists B, C, D or E

I am pretty sure, this has worked before, since I remember, I WAS browsing for certain artists, that were not first in line in the artist tag, and still found them. I cannot specify, though, since when this new behaviour did set in.
    Am I doing anything wrong, or was there a change in indexing, so I need to change my tagging in any way?

Thanks for helping!

Administrator

There is an option in the advanced settings, which is named: Contributing Artists With Main Artists, you would want it checked.

dBpoweramp Guru

What format are your audio files?

Multi-value tag separators are different depending on the software with which you use to edit the multi-value tags. e.g. for flac files, in dBpoweramp you would use the ; (semi-colon) separator, whereas in MP3Tag you would use \\ (2 backslashes) separator.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Bump.. This ready soon?

Administrator

There is no hurry to release this one, because these issues are relatively minor which only affect specific people.

Question Re: Asset R5.2 [Windows] Discussions

Hi, I'm currently testing Asset trying to decide if it can solve my problems. Before proceeding with the purchase, I have a few questions that I really would need answered.
    My setup is as follows:
    - a QNAP Intel NAS on which I store my modern/pop/jazz music collection (85K tracks, 7K albums). I used to have TwonkyServer installed as a DLNA/uPnP server, but the latest release isn' working with JRiver (see below)
    - an HP Microserver, Windows 2012 R2 Essentials, on which I store my classical music collection (45K tracks, 4K albums). I used to have the Windows version of TwonkyServer, latest version not working ditto as above
    - a PC, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, on which I run JRiver 21 as a main control point
    - a Samsung Galaxy Tab with BubbleuPnP as a secondary control point
    - a PS Audio PerctWave DSD DAC as main renderer, several other renderers in different rooms
    Here are my questions:
    a) the 5.1 Windows version of Asset doesn't work with JRiver 21 (JRiver cannot load the library). The 5.2 beta I downloaded works well, though. When is 5.2 Windows supposed to be released? I'm unconmfortable in purchasing a software that only works in beta mode...
    b) the QNAP version of Asset doesn't seem to handle DSD files. Is this by design or are there other considerations?
    c) it looks to me as if there there is a way to recode/resample hi-res music files (e.g. 96KHz 24bit flac) for playing them on non-performing renderers. I haven't been able to find a comprehensive guide/manual for configuring the server (apparently there are lots of options/parameters none of which is explained online). Where can I find it? Speaking about which, is there a complete manual that I can look at?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by m.parigi View Post
    a) the 5.1 Windows version of Asset doesn't work with JRiver 21 (JRiver cannot load the library). The 5.2 beta I downloaded works well, though. When is 5.2 Windows supposed to be released? I'm unconmfortable in purchasing a software that only works in beta mode...
    IMO, the beta version is OK to purchase. If you aren't comfortable, continue to use the trial version.

b) the QNAP version of Asset doesn't seem to handle DSD files. Is this by design or are there other considerations?
    Sorry, I don't know.

c) it looks to me as if there there is a way to recode/resample hi-res music files (e.g. 96KHz 24bit flac) for playing them on non-performing renderers. I haven't been able to find a comprehensive guide/manual for configuring the server (apparently there are lots of options/parameters none of which is explained online). Where can I find it? Speaking about which, is there a complete manual that I can look at?
    Take a look at the Configuration Options in the help files for Asset UPnP for Windows found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\Help\AssetUPnP\index.h tml

... Spoon, please can you explain why the website is inserting spaces in my posts (has happened twice today)?
    Last edited by mville; 02-08-2016 at 08:44 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I see two instances of Asset running now (one with an empty library) after installing this latest 5.2 beta, and having chosen in the installer to first uninstall 5.1 final.

Administrator

Uninstall Asset, reboot windows, reinstall.