title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset for QNAP doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klaus
    • Sep 2015

Asset for QNAP doesn't work

Good Morning to eveybody,

hope You can help me with my problem.

I just bought a QNAP HS-251 which is running on latest (as indicated after clicking the upgrade button) firmware 4.1.4 and although bought and installed Asset for QNAP. So far so good - the Asset Icon is shown on QNAP.

I tried to scan my music library which is also on the QNAP HS-251 but it does't work.
    It just shows me 'Restarting Asset' and 'Rescanning ...' without any result in the main Asset menue - especially it shows (0 Albums) and (0 Tracks).
    Furtheron I cannot access my music files from my Networkplayer (MOON MiND) respectively my Digital Analog Converter.
    Maybe I have a wrong spelling of the path I had to insert in the configuration screen.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot and have a fine day
    Klaus
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset for QNAP doesn't work

Normally you would not change the path, and the path you enter is not the external network share path, instead it is the internal path on the system. Where is you music saved? what path have you entered?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Klaus
      • Sep 2015

Thanks for reply
      The path is ' /Multimedia/music/AIFF_RIP' where the dbpoweramp files in AIFF-Format are located.
      Both (data and Asset UPnP App) are on the NAS (QNAP HS-251).
      Asset App seems to know that because it states themselve as to be on the NAS with the NAS-Name in the network.
      Help-Page says that path has to be entered, starting with "/". Nevertheless I tried multiple spellings which all didn't work.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is more likely to be:

/share/Multimedia/music/AIFF_RIP
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Klaus
          • Sep 2015

Hello Spoon,

that's it - now it works and albums and tracks are shown in the Counter!

Thanks a lot for your help and have a good day!
          Klaus

Comment

Working...

]]>