title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

  1. #1

    Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Under options, metadata, options, write ID tags, I have HDCD "checked" and yet I have several disks that have been detected as being HDCD's but I donít see the metadata on the files.
    Missing something?

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockie View Post
    Under options, metadata, options, write ID tags, I have HDCD "checked" and yet I have several disks that have been detected as being HDCD's but I don&*8217;t see the metadata on the files.
    Which platform/OS, dBpoweramp version, output file format?

  3. #3

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Which platform/OS, dBpoweramp version, output file format?
    windows 7, dbpoweramp 64-bit: Registered Reference release 15, output to both flac lossless Uncompressed and apple lossless with DSP effects HD HDCD (+6 dB amplifications "checked)

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockie View Post
    windows 7, dbpoweramp 64-bit: Registered Reference release 15, output to both flac lossless Uncompressed and apple lossless with DSP effects HD HDCD (+6 dB amplifications "checked)
    In CDRipper with your HDCD inserted:

    1. Do you have HDCD listed for all tracks, under the Track Technical column?

    2. Do you have the HDCD tag listed with a value 'Yes', in the Meta tab, Meta Data for All Tracks (bottom centre of main CDRipper window)?

    If you have neither, what happens if you don't Rip to [Multi Encoder], i.e. Rip to FLAC?

  5. #5

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    In CDRipper with your HDCD inserted:

    1. Do you have HDCD listed for all tracks, under the Track Technical column?

    2. Do you have the HDCD tag listed with a value 'Yes', in the Meta tab, Meta Data for All Tracks (bottom centre of main CDRipper window)?

    If you have neither, what happens if you don't Rip to [Multi Encoder], i.e. Rip to FLAC?
    "Yes" for * 1 and *2

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockie View Post
    "Yes" for * 1 and *2
    ... and there is no HDCD tag in your ripped flac files?

  7. #7

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    ... and there is no HDCD tag in your ripped flac files?
    There is NO HDCD tag in my ripped flac file.

    here is the audio properties:
    Artist Jim Brickman
    Title The Promise
    Album Simple Things
    Track 1/13
    Disc 1/1
    Genre New Age
    Year 2001
    Rating 5
    Composer Jim Brickman
    Size 31.31 MB (29% Compressed)
    Original Size 44.03 MB
    Length 2 minutes 54 seconds
    Channels 2 (stereo)
    Sample Rate 44.1 KHz;
    Sample Size 24 bit
    Bit Rate 2,116 kbps (DVD)
    Encoder FLAC reference libFLAC 1.3.0 20130526
    Encoder Settings
    Audio Quality Perfect (Lossless)
    Contains Album Art, CRC, ID Tag [Vorbis Comments]
    Channel Mapping
    File 01- Jim Brickman - The Promise
    Type VLC media file (.flac) [.flac]

  8. #8
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockie View Post
    There is NO HDCD tag in my ripped flac file.

    here is the audio properties:
    Artist Jim Brickman
    Title The Promise
    Album Simple Things
    ...
    It might not show in audio properties. Two things to try.

    Right-click the same file and select Edit ID-Tag, is HDCD tag listed?

    Have you tried ripping without using [Multi-Encoder]? I have just tested ripping to FLAC only and the HDCD tag is being written (Windows 8.1 64-bit, dBpoweramp R15.3).

    Last edited by mville; 09-07-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added pic

  9. #9

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    It might not show in audio properties. Two things to try.

    Right-click the same file and select Edit ID-Tag, is HDCD tag listed?

    Have you tried ripping without using [Multi-Encoder]? I have just tested ripping to FLAC only and the HDCD tag is being written (Windows 8.1 64-bit, dBpoweramp R15.3).

    HDCD tag was added when I ripped without multi-encoder. Seems to be a bug with the multiencoder.

  10. #10

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    It might not show in audio properties. Two things to try.

    Right-click the same file and select Edit ID-Tag, is HDCD tag listed?

    Have you tried ripping without using [Multi-Encoder]? I have just tested ripping to FLAC only and the HDCD tag is being written (Windows 8.1 64-bit, dBpoweramp R15.3).

    HDCD tag was added when I didn't use the multi-encoder. Seems to be a bug with the multi-encoder.

  11. #11
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    40,621

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    It is just a design limitation.

  12. #12

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    HDCD tag is displaying now that I have multi-encoder turned off. Seems to be a bug with the multi-encoder.
    Last edited by jabberwockie; 09-08-2015 at 08:19 AM. Reason: posting

  13. #13
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockie View Post
    HDCD tag is displaying now that I have multi-encoder turned off. Seems to be a bug with the multi-encoder.
    Yes, sorry, I alluded to Multi Encoder as a possible cause to the problem earlier in the thread, but I could have been a little clearer.

    IMO, Multi Encoder is more trouble than it's worth.

  14. #14

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Yes, sorry, I alluded to Multi Encoder as a possible cause to the problem earlier in the thread, but I could have been a little clearer.

    IMO, Multi Encoder is more trouble than it's worth.
    does any of this find its way back to the folks that develop the tool? be good to get this resolved.

  15. #15
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    793

    Re: Write ID tags; HDCD checked

    Weighing in with some uneducated points (I have not ripped CDs with this option);

    - A lot of CDs are "HDCD" but with no features employed. Could it be that those are not tagged?

    - Can dBpoweramp now scan and tag without decoding? IMHO one should not decode HDCDs when ripping to lossless (https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...l=1*post119732)
    and especially not on a tracks basis - it seems to me (though I could be wrong) that then the HDCD decoding is reset at track boundaries and does not start until a bit into the track: https://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/in...dpost&p=905120

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •