title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple album icons in "Genre"

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Multiple album icons in "Genre"

In the "Genre" section of Asset, some of my albums are displayed as icons three or more times, with only some of the album tracks appearing under each icon. But in the Album section this doesn't happen--there's only one album icon with all the tracks in it. I've tried fixing this in PerfectTunes but the albums show up properly there.

Administrator

Re: Multiple album icons in "Genre"

For these albums, really look at the files individually, check there is only 1 genre for all tracks in the album.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

They all have the same genre but I have partly resolved it. Some of the albums showing up multiple times had different artists and by changing them all to Various Artists I was able to clean things up.

Another question, if I may: I edited some albums in ID Tags and moved one, for example, Rock to Folk. The Icon picture for Rock was the John Prine album that I moved to Folk, but it continues to be the Rock Genre Icon. How can I change the Rock Genre Icon to a picture that is in the Rock Genre? Thank you.

Administrator

You would have to do a rescan 'Refresh All'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Okay, I hit "Refresh All" an hour or more ago. It said, "(Rescanning Shortly (Refreshing..)" Do I then just hit OK and let the process happen. If so, how long does the process take? I have about 300 albums downloaded so far.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Larue View Post
    Okay, I hit "Refresh All" an hour or more ago. It said, "(Rescanning Shortly (Refreshing..)" Do I then just hit OK and let the process happen.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Larue View Post
    If so, how long does the process take? I have about 300 albums downloaded so far.
    Difficult to say, as it depends on your system, number of tracks in your library etc.

As it scans your library, the track number count will go up (see Status), so keep an eye on that to get an idea.