title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPNP 5.1 for Windows / Tagging and sorting problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tandemsurfer200
    • Sep 2015

Asset UPNP 5.1 for Windows / Tagging and sorting problems

I am really a newbee using Asset UPnp and having problems tagging my FLAC files for correct sorted display. Right now, my library contains about 1,000 songs and it is stored on a local harddisk of my Windows Home Server 2011 latest version of Asset UPnP installed on.

My goal is to see "Carly Simon" sorted in "S", not in "C".

For this I tagged
    • ATRIST = Carly Simon
    • ARTISTSORT = Simon, Carly
    • ALBUMARTIST = Carly Simon
    • ALBUMARTISTSORT = Simon, Carly

I set "Artist sort Handling" to

• "Display in Sort and Non-Sort Locations" (Test 1)
    • "Use Sort to Order Display" (Test 2)

and rebuilt the database by "Refrsh All" but Carly Simon is still found only in "C". Neither restarting Asset UPnP nor restarting WHS had any effect.

Thank you very much in advance for your support.
  • Lucky Larue
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2015

Re: Asset UPNP 5.1 for Windows / Tagging and sorting problems

I'm a newbee to both Asset and computer audio. I've been trying to figure something similar out this morning. In respect to your question, I THINK it's done by going to Asset Configuration and going to EDIT and advance settings, then under General Settings, changing from SMART to one of the others. If I'm off-base on your question, however, please, blame it on my youth.

Perhaps you can tell me though, where do I go to edit the tags after it's been ripped? EG, one of my albums is under Electronica genre when it should be under Jazz.

Comment

• tandemsurfer200
      • Sep 2015

You mix up the Settings. There is no option "Smart" for "Artist Sort Handling" only for "'The' Artist & Album Handling". This setting works fine ... "The Hooters" are found in "H" if option set!

For editing tags, there is a lot of even free software e. g. "Mp3tag" or "Kid3 Tag Editor". They are easy to use. Remeber to rebuild Asset UPnP database after changing a tag.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Artist Sort
        Album Artist Sort

are the actual tag names you require.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tandemsurfer200
          • Sep 2015

GREAT!!!

Thank you very much ... it's working!

Comment

• tandemsurfer200
            • Sep 2015

Are there other tags for sorting (e. g. album, title)?
            If yes, could you please post them?

Thank you very much in advance

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

We only have composer sort and conductor sort.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tandemsurfer200
                • Sep 2015

I found out that there is obviously another sorting tag ... "Album Sort".

For example:
                Britney Spears' Album "...Baby One More Time" is found in "0-9" because of the "..." at the beginning of album title. (I guess nobody wants this!)
                If I tag "Album Sort" with "Baby One More Time" I find it in "B" and not in "0-9" anymore!

For title sorting I don't have a solution yet ... the Problem is:
                Titles starting with a "(" will also be found in "0-9". This doesn't make any sense.

The goal is to find it in "I" e. g. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
                Last edited by tandemsurfer200; 09-06-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by tandemsurfer200
                  I found out that there is obviously another sorting tag ... "Album Sort".

For example:
                  Britney Spears' Album "...Baby One More Time" is found in "0-9" because of the "..." at the beginning of album title. (I guess nobody wants this!)
                  If I tag "Album Sort" with "Baby One More Time" I find it in "B" and not in "0-9" anymore!

For title sorting I don't have a solution yet ... the Problem is:
                  Titles starting with a "(" will also be found in "0-9". This doesn't make any sense.

The goal is to find it in "I" e. g. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
                  If Album is "...Baby One More Time", then Album Sort is Album "Baby One More Time"

The same goes for Title. If Title is "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", then Title Sort could be "I Can't Get No Satisfaction".

Spoon's post no. 7, I find a little bewildering, as I expect all the standard sort tags to be supported (and I thought they were).
                  Last edited by mville; 09-06-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• tandemsurfer200
                    • Sep 2015

I really agree to but!

Well, I tried to use a tag "Title Sort" (not knowning if it exist or not) but it didn't work at all.

I also want to have a list of all supported tags. That would be fine and much more easier to tag all files.

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mville
                      Spoon's post no. 7, I find a little bewildering, as I expect all the standard sort tags to be supported (and I thought they were).
                      I agree. He only mentioned composer sort and conductor sort. I suspect he didn't mean to imply that things like Artist Sort or Album Artist Sort were not supported.

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

I really agree to but!

Well, I tried to use a tag "Title Sort" (not knowning if it exist or not) but it didn't work at all.
                        I understand. It is a real surprise to me that Title Sort is NOT supported.

I also want to have a list of all supported tags. That would be fine and much more easier to tag all files.
                        Agreed. Some of the documentation for the suite of Illustrate software is sadly lacking.

Comment

• Giorgio321
                          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                          Artist Sort
                          Album Artist Sort

are the actual tag names you require.
                          I've the same problem as tandemsurfer200 and I don't understand the solution....
                          I use the tag ARTISTSORT and the option "Artist sort handling" without success. What is wrong ?

Thanks for help

Comment

• mville
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Giorgio321
                            I've the same problem as tandemsurfer200 and I don't understand the solution....
                            I use the tag ARTISTSORT and the option "Artist sort handling" without success. What is wrong ?
                            In which application are you creating the ARTISTSORT tag?

Comment

• Giorgio321
                              • Sep 2015

I create the sort tags In MusiBrainz Picard.
                              The composer sort tag is visible in Perfect Tunes but not the artist sort tag and the album artist sort tag (I'm testing AssetUpnp and PerfectTunes before purchasing => no licence yet to modify tags)
                              The problem is that no sort tags are working...

Comment

Working...

]]>