title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems in ripping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Problems in ripping

I'm ripping my complete CD collection.
    Some Cd's give problems. Db Poweramp does not rip some tracks at the and of some CD's.
    However I can play the CD completely on my CD player and Itunes and Windows madiaplayer can rip the cd's fast and correct.

T complete the rip I copy the ID-tags to the track ripped correctly with Itunes and replace the bad track in the ripped cd with DbPoweramp.

However, I did not spent € 61,71 to meet these kind of problems.

So: Ripping with i-tunes works. Hence the cd reader works and the CD is OK.

I updated today to the latest version, but nothing improved.

Does anybody know a solution

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Problems in ripping

Quote Originally Posted by gelr View Post
    Some Cd's give problems. Db Poweramp does not rip some tracks at the and of some CD's.
    However I can play the CD completely on my CD player and Itunes and Windows madiaplayer can rip the cd's fast and correct.
    CDRipper alerts the end user to any errors in the ripping process. Just because iTunes and Windows Media Player rip CDs without alerting the end user to any errors, does not mean that the rip is accurate/correct.

dBpoweramp Guru

So: Ripping with i-tunes works. Hence the cd reader works and the CD is OK.
    Your logic may seem valid, but it's actually flawed. Ripping with iTunes is not a definitive test of whether a CD is OK or not.

Does anybody know a solution
    I have two:
    (1) Since you are satisfied with iTunes' rip results and its "less troublesome" approach, that may be a better ripping program for you. Most of its millions of users are probably perfectly happy with it.
    (2) If you'd still like to use dBp, you can change your ripping settings to Burst Mode, without error correction. That'll be a similar experience to using iTunes, but you'd get dBp's metadata functionality instead, in case you happen to prefer it.

Dear BrodyBoy,

Could you tell me where and how I can change the ripping settings to burst mode?

dBpoweramp Guru

Could you tell me where and how I can change the ripping settings to burst mode?
    In CDRipper click on Options.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The best advice I can offer is to have a second ripping drive. When one drive fails to rip a particular album or track, switch to the second. This should resolve 90% of all ripping difficulties.

Hi eaglescout1998

I have posted on Spoon's "CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2014" thread recently about different drives. Not had a reply yet. I would much rather use dbpa as it highlights errors. However it has highlighted errors on a few of my cd's now and so I want to try a different drive, preferably fitting it via this usb adaptor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1114159556...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

as advised by Spoon.

However, I wondered what second drive you use and whether it is one of the drives on Spoon's Accuracy list. If it is not then what does this mean in terms of its reliability? I am a bit confused by Spoon's list because it seems to be suggesting that there are only a few good drives out there, and these are very hard to find now , even on ebay.

Also, if my current drive reports errors on some cds, including very new unscratched ones, then why would a different drive be able to rip the same cd without reporting errors? Is it something to do with it being able to recover them? What does the second drive do differently? I should just say that the majority of my cd collection that I have ripped to date (FLAC) have been fine and have passed the Accurate Rip confidence test.

Thanks.