title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper: Save DSP settings for use across all profiles or allow backup/copy

CD Ripper: Save DSP settings for use across all profiles or allow backup/copy

I have a lot of ID tag manipulations and customizations, each of which is specific to only a single profile.

Ideally, I would like to be able to backup my settings for each DSP and restore them to another computer installation (I have a family license).

But even being able to specify "Apply these settings to all" would be great.

Thank you!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper: Save DSP settings for use across all profiles or allow backup/copy

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I have a lot of ID tag manipulations and customizations, each of which is specific to only a single profile.

Ideally, I would like to be able to backup my settings for each DSP and restore them to another computer installation (I have a family license).
    Have a look here: Location where dBpoweramp saves its settings

Re: CD Ripper: Save DSP settings for use across all profiles or allow backup/copy

Thanks, mville. So, to fill out your answer, am I right?

If you are comfortable editing the Windows registry, go to the Illustrate key, then CDRipper/Profiles and find your profile and backup/copy the DSPEffects value as needed to other profiles. Thank you for giving me the hint.
    Last edited by mikelee; 03-14-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Here's a workaround for the ID Tag Processing DSP for Manipulation for Rule Based and Word-Character Replacement. These are probably the settings you most want to back up and copy to other profiles.

Each column in the settings can be individually saved as plain text, and then re-pasted into another profile.

Me, I don't allow anything but plain ASCII into my filenames or tags for ease of script compatibility. And I also disallow ampersands (&) in case Windows CMD batch scripts might be used. In my Word/Character Replacement "To Replace" column, I have this:

á
    ä
    â
    å
    ç
    ê
    é
    ë
    ï
    î
    ì
    í
    ñ
    ô
    ö
    ó
    ü
    û
    ù
    ú
    ÿ
    Ä
    Å
    É
    æ
    Æ
    Ñ
    Ö
    Ü
    ¢
    £
    ¥
    ½
    ¼
    ß
    !
    "
    &
    +
    [
    ]
    ;
    :
    "
    R&B[nocase]
    /
    \
    [nocase]

In my "Replace with" I have this:

a
    a
    a
    a
    c
    e
    e
    e
    i
    i
    i
    i
    n
    o
    o
    o
    u
    u
    u
    u
    y
    A
    A
    E
    ae
    AE
    N
    O
    U
    c
    $
    $
    1-2
    1-4
    ss

'
    and
    and
    (
    )
    -
    -
    '
    Rhythm and Blues
    -
    -

Note that the final "To replace" is two spaces to be replaced by a single space. I put in the [nospace] so it would look like something instead extraneous whitespace at the bottom of the list.

This also works for rules.
    Last edited by mikelee; 03-14-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: new info

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    So, to fill out your answer, am I right?

If you are comfortable editing the Windows registry, go to the Illustrate key, then CDRipper/Profiles and find your profile and backup/copy the DSPEffects value as needed to other profiles.
    Yes, you are right. However, I would advise against exporting to .reg files with regedit (or similar software) as there are bugs with this method. I now save registry hives only. I am then able to load them and copy the necessary registry keys as required.