title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Misread

CD Ripper Misread

When CD Ripper reads my new "The Best of Blind Lemon Jefferson" CD, it shows as a completely different CD.
    It shows as "Preachers and Congregations, Vol. 2: 1926-1941".
    It has the same number of tracks but they are all different than those listed on the actual CD.
    I have ripped numerous CDs using CD Ripper and have never had any issues to speak of.
    I realize the Blind Lemon Jefferson CD is an extremely old recording(1920's) and this likely has something to do with it but would love to hear any feedback as to how I can make this work.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper Misread

Quote Originally Posted by jfboynton View Post
    When CD Ripper reads my new "The Best of Blind Lemon Jefferson" CD, it shows as a completely different CD.
    It shows as "Preachers and Congregations, Vol. 2: 1926-1941".
    It has the same number of tracks but they are all different than those listed on the actual CD.
    Did you click the Review Metadata button after inserting the CD?

If you do, you'll see all the data provided by the different online databases (AMG, GD3, Music Brainz and freedb). Do they all list the "Preachers and Congregations, Vol. 2: 1926-1941" CD?

dBpoweramp Guru

In addition to the previous post, if you click the Review Metadata button and you do not see any metadata from the 4 providers, try the following:

1. Close the Review Metadata window.

2. Select the Clear Metadata option from the Meta dropdown menu.

3. Click the Meta button (Retrieve ID Tags from the Internet). Please wait, as this can take a few seconds as CDRipper is negotiating with the online databases.

4. Click the Review Metadata button. You are now able to choose data from the 4 metadata providers (remember also, that it is possible your CD does not exist in all 4 online databases).

Please Note: this method will clear ALL metadata for the CD in the main CDRipper window, so use with caution if you don't want to lose hours of manual edits.

For some of my more obscure CDs, I too have seen incorrect metadata returned. This is an issue with the particular online database and not CDRipper. As a result I have had to manually edit all the metadata in CDRipper, before ripping.

Hi,
    Sorry I had something come up and could not get back to this sooner.
    I followed your suggestion mville and I did find one of the four in the Review Metadata that was perfect.
    I guess CDRipper has been so good I rarely even have to look there and did not think to.
    Thanks for the help!