title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Tunes De-Dup Won't Play Songs, Can't Compare tracks

Perfect Tunes De-Dup Won't Play Songs, Can't Compare tracks

I installed Perfect Tunes and when using De-Dup, I hit the play button to listen to the songs it briefly appears to attempt to play the song (play button changes to pause button) but after a few seconds, the button changes back to the play icon and the file is not played. I was running Windows 7, and just upgraded to Windows 10 and the same problem happens. I've search the forum and only found one other post with a similar issue, but their solution of re-installing did not fix for me. I've looked at the sound card and do not see anything out of the ordinary. The same files that De-Dup found, can be played by VLC Player, iTunes, and Windows Media Player without issue. I've also tried running De-Dup "as Administrator" and clearing out the Database cache and rerunning.

Any thoughts or suggests to get this to work?

Administrator

Re: Perfect Tunes De-Dup Won't Play Songs, Can't Compare tracks

If you look where PerfectTUNES is installed, there is a program uplayer?

There Is no reference to uplayer on the Start Menu/Screen, but under /Program Files/PerfectTUNES/ there is a uplayer.exe. On a whim, I tried to change the properties to run it as administrator, as well as compatibility mode for Windows 7 and XP SP3 with no success.

Administrator

Try running it. It should show a black command line window with text inside if it runs.

Correct a command line window opens with the following text

dBpoweramp Renaissance: uplayer (c) 2010 Illustrate Ltd

Audio Collection: Main Audio Output Device: waveout:-1dBpoweramp Reference

Also I do have a folder \AudioOut which has a WaveOut.dll file in the folder

Hi
    Just joined forum as I have exactly this issue but only since moving to windows 10. It was a clean build from scratch not an upgrade and a fresh installed of latest registered PerfectTunes. I checked the program files and do have the uplayer executable which runs and opens Cmd window displaying same info as post above.

Machine is win 10 with Realtek audio card and everything else plays audio files okay but in PerfectTunes it just briefly flicks from pause to play then stops.

Any ideas?

P.s. Great products, using dbpoweramp, converter and de dup, saves me ages, really good software.

Darrell

Administrator

We will have to test this scenario as soon as we are able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Hi
    That's great, if I can help with testing in any way or you want any technical details from my set up let me know, happy to help.
    Darrell.

Great to hear. I just wanted to add that Realtek audio as well. Audio driver version 6.0.1.7535. Audio Codec ALC3220. Happy to help as well if there is any further technical information or testing.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi - just wanted to add I am experiencing exactly the same issues as reported above; DeDup will not play audio files. Can confirm I have uPlayer installed, WaveOut.dll, audio codecs installed, etc, etc

Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit); Registered version of PerfectTunes (and dbpoweramp); all other audio devices and players functioning normally

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is there a support channel for PerfectTUNES? I would really like to get this issue resolved. Auditioning duplicates is a critical functionality.

Administrator

This is the correct channel.

This is the correct channel.
    Hi
    Just wondered if any news on this yet and when there might be a fix, I'd be happy to test a beta version out?
    Thanks
    Darrell.

Administrator

Looking soon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hey Spoon - just wanted to say thanks for the dot release. Can confirm the audition function now works. Just one additional comment: not sure if this is by design, but you cannot pause the track once it is playing.