title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can someone Explain "Album Artist; Album Artist" and Sort Tags?

Can someone Explain "Album Artist; Album Artist" and Sort Tags?

Hi All,
    First timer on these forums. My father-in-law has a nifty $250,000 stereo system and he just got the Aurender W20. He is very particular about his music collection, and he is using the Aurender iOS app as the remote on an iPad. He is paying me to go through his 670 album collection and clean up everything to his preferences, but I am working remotely with an external hard drive, so I can't test things and I only get one shot at it (because I will mail him the finished product and he can't make changes). Therefore, I have a few questions I was hoping people can help with. I am working exclusively with WAV files.

1. Album Artist - This is generally displayed as "Eric Clapton; Eric Clapton". Can someone explain what the first and second part are? I am hoping SOOOO much that the second part is the sort tag, because that will save me a lot of time.

2. Sort Tags - Is there a way to access sort tags in a more granular way. It seems that PerfectTUNES is trying to make things easier by consolidating, but I really need to double check every album and it would be nice to access them in a method similar to the other metadata.

3. Does anyone know an automated method (Windows 10 with programming knowledge) of taking all of the "Various Artists" Album Artists and placing the Album Name in it's place. He doesn't want them all to be sorted under "V" and would rather have they based on the keyword of the album name.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Re: Can someone Explain "Album Artist; Album Artist" and Sort Tags?

Normally you should not have Album Artist; Album Artist, you can remove the 2nd item.