title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album Art Drag "n' Drop from browser not working - Windows 10 64-bit

Album Art Drag "n' Drop from browser not working - Windows 10 64-bit

Fresh install of R15 Reference, downloaded just a few days ago. Installed perfectly, ripped a few CDs perfectly, then loaded a CD where the ripper could not find artwork that was acceptable to me, so I went into Chrome and did a search to find better artwork.

When I tried to drag and drop it in the ripper, it did not work.

Tried it with Firefox. Same result.

Microsoft Edge. Same.

I used this feature extensively in Windows 7, from ALL browsers, so this is a big loss, unless somebody can help troubleshoot the issue. This may be a roll back to Windows 7 level issue for me.

I am guessing it is a "rights" issue, so I ran the ripper "As Administrator." Still nothing. I ran the browser "As Administrator" too, still nothing. Tried running the ripper with Windows 8 settings, and Windows 7... nothing I've tried has made this work.

Is there a setting in Windows 10 that stops dragging items from app to app?

Administrator

Re: Album Art Drag "n' Drop from browser not working - Windows 10 64-bit

As far as I know drag and drop from within a browser was never supported, you can drag and drop a file from Windows explorer, or in browser >> right click on art >> Copy, then select the paste option in cd ripper.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    As far as I know drag and drop from within a browser was never supported, you can drag and drop a file from Windows explorer, or in browser >> right click on art >> Copy, then select the paste option in cd ripper.
    +1

I can confirm that this is the way it's always worked for me. Copy'n'Paste....not Drag'n'Drop.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    +1

I can confirm that this is the way it's always worked for me. Copy'n'Paste....not Drag'n'Drop.
    In Windows 8.1 64-bit I can:

1. Use copy and paste (from clipboard) option in Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer
    2. Drag and Drop from Mozilla Firefox, but not Internet Explorer
    3. Haven't tried any other web browsers.

I think Drag and Drop from a web browser is more a function of the web browser and not CDRipper. CDRipper supports Drag and Drop from Windows File Explorer and I think Mozilla Firefox must be emulating this functionality whereas Internet Explorer does not.
    Last edited by mville; 08-21-2015 at 08:19 AM. Reason: added my thoughts on web browsers