title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Re Rip frame Errors

Re Rip frame Errors

I have several discs that give me this error. I see on the forum that the solution is to remove c2 pointers.
    But if i have the time to wait am i better off waiting for the FRAMES to record instead?

Administrator

Re: Re Rip frame Errors

For some discs it is not possible to recover from the ripping errors.

But that does not answer me. Should I wait for it to try or go to burst mode?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by selkov View Post
    But that does not answer me. Should I wait for it to try or go to burst mode?
    It is not possible to know the answer prior to ripping as it is the ripping process that highlights any problems with a CD.

Why not wait to see if CDRipper can recover from the frame errors and if not, you can try burst mode after. If you can't wait, don't and just try burst mode.

However, a defective CD is defective whatever you do.
    Last edited by mville; 08-16-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Ok so I let it run until it finished. It completed the rip but states insecure. Do I trust that to be as good as it gets or should I re-rip it in burst mode?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by selkov View Post
    Ok so I let it run until it finished. It completed the rip but states insecure. Do I trust that to be as good as it gets or should I re-rip it in burst mode?
    There's no should about it. It really is up to you.

I see no reason why you couldn't try all ripping methods, burst, secure and defective by design.