title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper records tracks securely when drive door is open and no disc in tray

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msheridan
    • Aug 2015

CD Ripper records tracks securely when drive door is open and no disc in tray

Hi,

I was going to a rip a CD today, but in checking the metadata/tags, I ejected the disc to look at the track info printed on the disc itself.

Once I was satisfied with the metadata, I hit the "Rip" button, and CD Ripper started ripping. However, the CD tray was still open, which I noticed after a few tracks were ripped almost instantly - though, each one claimed to have ripped securely and each produced a unique CRC.

What's going on?

Here's the log:

Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 1' to 'D:\Files\Music\Clancy Brothers, The\Greatest Hits\1.1.01 - Maid of Fife.wav'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 10722 (2:22) in 0:04. Filename: D:\Files\Music\Clancy Brothers, The\Greatest Hits\1.1.01 - Maid of Fife.wav
    Secure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 2]
    CRC32: A9AFA12A AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 024-003881b1-03d089b4-560f1618-1]

Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 2' to 'D:\Files\Music\Clancy Brothers, The\Greatest Hits\1.1.02 - Jug of Punch.wav'
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 10722 to 24025 (2:57) in 0:05. Filename: D:\Files\Music\Clancy Brothers, The\Greatest Hits\1.1.02 - Jug of Punch.wav
    CRC32: 641E9BD9 AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 024-003881b1-03d089b4-560f1618-2]

Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 3' to 'D:\Files\Music\Clancy Brothers, The\Greatest Hits\1.1.03 - Gallant Forty-Twa.wav'
    Track 3: Ripped LBA 24025 to 34365 (2:17) in 0:06. Filename: D:\Files\Music\Clancy Brothers, The\Greatest Hits\1.1.03 - Gallant Forty-Twa.wav
    CRC32: 31D4DFF0 AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 024-003881b1-03d089b4-560f1618-3]
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: CD Ripper records tracks securely when drive door is open and no disc in tray

Have you ripped those tracks already before? Did you find those wav files on your HDD?

Dat Ei

Comment

• msheridan
      • Aug 2015

Re: CD Ripper records tracks securely when drive door is open and no disc in tray

I had never ripped that CD, and those files didn't exist when I clicked the "Rip" icon/button.

The software appears to have done a read, literally, from thin air...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the CRC is 0 then data is returned as zero from the drive, it is possible to get a secure match if the data matches (zero then zero later on).

AccurateRip would not be fooled though.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• msheridan
          • Aug 2015

I'm not asking about AccurateRip status here - I'm asking why the CD Ripper thinks that its reading data from a drive with the tray open and no disc in it?

CD Ripper has even gone so far as to tell us which LBAs it believes that it ripped, and how long it took to rip them. It couldn't possibly have read those LBAs, since the tray was open and there was no disc.

Also, CD Ripper claimed that the rip was Secure and possibly accurate.

How should one read the log info provided?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The drive is providing those LBA, some drives do this, normally it is 1 track they might say is present if no disc it present, CD Ripper does not invent LBA it will only show what it reads from the drive.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>