title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSD downsapling inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HalC-76
    • Aug 2015

DSD downsapling inconsistencies

Using Music Converter to produce FLAC PCM files from DSD files to play through DAC chains that do not support DOP or DSD-to-PCM on the fly. I am trying different conversion configurations to understand effects on reproduction chains and seeing unexpected results. I am not sure what settings I may be missing to get the outputs I expect. Some of the outputs I am seeing:

- Audio tab indicates same sample rate, bit depth and bit rate as 96k/24/4808k regardless of the target sample rate configured for conversion
    - File sizes and bit rates for for 88.2k and 176k sample rate file are the same as the default 96k DSD conversion file
    - File size and bit rate for 176k target sample rate file with 48k filter added is smaller than 96k DSD conversion file
    - File converted to 176k sample rate plays on DAC that does not support 176k sample rate - all other 176k sample rate files do not play and throw "unsupported format" error message

Not sure what I am missing to get different output files created. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Working...

]]>