title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asset / QNAP TS... configuration problem + Artist invisible

Administrator

Re: Asset / QNAP TS... configuration problem + Artist invisible

for each of these files with the artist Ministry of Sound, check the ID Tags looking for an ArtistSort ID tag.

The Naim ripping app is basicall ripping in wave. When i moved to a solution of streaming (had an HDX before) i asked the Naim server to convert all my rips to flac to assure the library to be visible. The Naim Tag wave are bad. O, the other hand, to answer your question, i never san a sort tag in the naim app. By the way, we have the problem only with one artist. So can we conclude there is a file somewhere in the "ministry of sound" folder with a sorting tag ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    for each of these files with the artist Ministry of Sound, check the ID Tags looking for an ArtistSort ID tag.
    Oki i will try to find time to do that ! (cry)

Solution should be there ?

Thank you !

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, does Asset UPnP for Apple OS X and QNAP, have the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe?

Administrator

It does not no.

Hi, after several hours of searching and tagging. The "problem" remain. In fact, when i ask the alphabetical sorting in the Naim app, it works as good as in Kinsky. When you do not ask the alphabetical sorting in the app, the artists appear anyway in alphabetical order except "Ministry of sound" which is in the "O". (Kinsky has the alphabetical sorting by default). I understood that, in the app i am using, the "Tag" app in macintosh, i can see all the tags only watching files of song 1 by 1 which is a very very long. I think even too long.
    Well anyway, i wanted to thank you very much for your supprt and explanations ! I understand much better in taging now.
    Thank you for this great software.
    Best regards.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ikoun View Post
    Hi, after several hours of searching and tagging. The "problem" remain.
    Is Tag the only tagging application on your Mac?

No, i also used ID3tag better to apply a cover and so on but quiet slow. It let you see all tags present in a file at first sight.

Sorry i confused, it is Kid3 on Mac.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ikoun View Post
    Sorry i confused, it is Kid3 on Mac.
    Does Kid3 show Artist Sort or Album Artist Sort tags for any Ministry of sound tracks?

Please Note, Kid3 supports editing tags for multiple file selections.

... and supports exporting, which could be useful too.
    Last edited by mville; 08-24-2015 at 08:08 AM. Reason: mentioned Kid3 features

Kid3 shows tags when they exist, like Tag App. I didn't found the album making problem already even if i searched a lot. And yes, Kid3 supports editing for multiple selections. Now the trick is that, i think, if the problem of sorting is on one file, while editing a group of files, it will show the tags present on all files. So, if this problem of sorting is only on one file, it will not be showed. I already checked i think all of the albums but i didn't found this "sort tag". I think it is one one or few files and i think i will have to check them one by one. Very laborious task.
    I will let you know if i find it but to be honest, i don't really see when i will find the time to check them all.
    As i told you, kinsky apply by default an alphabetical sorting for the artist. When i ask to the Naim app to do it, it works exactly like kinsky. So it works already and your soft, i think, has nothing to do with this "minor" problem.
    Works flawlessly by the way and the ability to increase in 24 bit allow to enjoy high end material - thank you very much for that !
    Cheers