title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asset / QNAP TS... configuration problem + Artist invisible

Asset / QNAP TS... configuration problem + Artist invisible

Hi everybody. I already spent few days on the forum to understand the software and not let people loose them time for me. Now i have to say that even if my library is working flawlessly on other server. On Asset, i have few troubles -> At least one artist do appear in the sorting of artists. Albums appears in the album sorting, at this position, it shows the right name of artist ? What's going on ?

I have very difficult to set up the browse tree in a simple way

A would like a sorting by artists alphabetical / Then show albums in the artists /Then show the track of the selected album. How can i do that? I have a quiet large library and it takes a lot of time to see the result and i don't really get how it works.

Thanl you for your help.

In case, is there somewhere a tutorial more detailed in the best way to set up.

Thank you for your answer.

Cheers

Administrator

Re: Asset / QNAP TS... configuration problem + Artist invisible

The default tree is:

Artist / Album >> select A to Z >> Select Artist >> Select Album >> lists tracks.

Is this not what you need?

I did this but it always shows all the tracks separately. Ok i can push on "album" on the top but i thought it could be uch easier if the albums are showed at the first touch. If it is possible to do it, thank you to tell me because i really don't get how to achieve it. I tried already i don't know how many trials. Always tracks are showed separately.

Thank you for your reply ! Aslo congratulation for the software. Upscaling to wave 24 bit works flawlessly and bring a true high quality files

Oki i finally got it -> Artist / albums "no track list" ------ album "no track list" ----- title
    Thank you very much !
    Now it is still strange for one "artist" or taged so with a lot of albums (more than 100) do not appear in the artist browse tree. Albums are in the database and appear on "album" browse tree. Any idea ?

Thank you very much.

Administrator

If an artist is not appearing, check the ID Tags in a tag editor.

I did and it is ok. On the concurrent server, it appears without problem. I don't know the reason just thi sartist do not appear. On the other hand, it appears in the "album" sorting... Any idea ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ikoun View Post
    I did and it is ok. On the concurrent server, it appears without problem. I don't know the reason just thi sartist do not appear. On the other hand, it appears in the "album" sorting... Any idea ?
    Can you clarify your current setup. How many servers/PCs do you have, what server/client software is running on each and in which client software are you seeing the problem?

My system is very easy :
    1 QNAP TS870
    1 MacMini as desktop computer - not used for music
    1 Naim Streamer
    Asset is of course running on the QNAP and serving the music only to the streamer piloted with Iphone or Ipodtouch.

My problem is on a big compiler which i have about 100 albums. I retaged all of them to have a more confortable browsing experience - they don't mess in the "various artists" section ou "various". I tagged them all on the name of the compiler in the "artist" field. So as on the other server, these album should appear how i tagged them and they don't. As told earlier, they appear in the album section which is quiet strange - Or they appear or not, right ?

Thank you for your explanation.

Regards

dBpoweramp Guru

My system is very easy :
    1 QNAP TS870
    1 MacMini as desktop computer - not used for music
    1 Naim Streamer
    Asset is of course running on the QNAP and serving the music only to the streamer piloted with Iphone or Ipodtouch.
    OK, I think I get this part, Assert is running on the QNAP and serving your audio library, which is also on the QNAP, to the Naim. Is this working correctly?

My problem is on a big compiler which i have about 100 albums. I retaged all of them to have a more confortable browsing experience - they don't mess in the "various artists" section ou "various". I tagged them all on the name of the compiler in the "artist" field. So as on the other server, these album should appear how i tagged them and they don't. As told earlier, they appear in the album section which is quiet strange - Or they appear or not, right ?
    It is this part I don't understand. Maybe because I am a little stupid. What is a big compiler? Are the 100 albums a different audio library to the QNAP audio library etc. etc.

First part - yes everything is working correctly on the hardware side - no proble at all.

Second part, i will try to explain. A label called "ministry of sound" is doing a lot of compilation album on funk, 80's,90's, Dance Music and so on and i have a large collection of those - more than 100. To avoid a too large section in "Various Artists", i renamed all these albums and put on "Title" the title and the group of each song (almost) and i also retaged them all on the "artist" tag "Ministry Of Sound". Like this, i have an artist named "Ministry Of Sound" wherei can find all the albums from this label and avoid this mess in "Various Artists". I hope you could understand this time. Apologise for my english.

Regards.

Administrator

What did you use to re-tag? and what format are your audio tracks in?

dBpoweramp Guru

So, for the 100 or so Ministry Of Sound compilation albums, you have set the Artist tag to Ministry Of Sound.

For these albums, please can you say what the following tags contain?
    Compilation
    Artist Sort
    Album Artist
    Album Artist Sort

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    So, for the 100 or so Ministry Of Sound compilation albums, you have set the Artist tag to Ministry Of Sound.

For these albums, please can you say what the following tags contain?
    Compilation
    Artist Sort
    Album Artist
    Album Artist Sort
    All the albums i am talking about are mainly in Flac - I used the App "Tag" on Mac to change the Tags.
    This app use the TAG Artist and not Album Artist as default. I suppose the confusion comes from there ? On the other hand, i have to say that some of these albums are tagged on Artist and Album artist with ministry Of Sound and they do not appear as artist.
    Also, sometimes, they are tagged "ministry of sound" in "Artist" and "Various" in "albumartist" - these ones do not appear eiher.
    The tag "album artist sort" is not used.
    The Tag "compilation" works, all the albums taged with "1" are visible on the "compilation" section.
    Which rule shall i apply to arrive to see them?

Thank you for you help !

Regards

dBpoweramp Guru

All the albums i am talking about are mainly in Flac - I used the App "Tag" on Mac to change the Tags.
    Sorry, I am not familiar with the Mac app, Tag, so I cannot be sure of it's reliability.

Administrator

Please upload one flac file to somewhere like dropbox and send over a link by personal message on this forum.