title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper get wrong drive info sometimes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FMNY
    • Oct 2010

Ripper get wrong drive info sometimes

Sometimes DBPoweramp gets the wrong technical specs for my DVD drive. Most of the time I can rip fine at full speed, but sometimes no matter what I do I'm limited to a slow speed like 8x. When I go into settings to check that the speed isn't being limited there. Instead of having a choice of 4X, 8X, 16X ... maximum, those speed choices have disappeared and all I can choose is maximum. I pulled up my drive specs and they're totally incorrect.

Manufacturer: TSSTcorp
    CD Drive: CDDVDW SH-224DB
    Firmware: SB01
    Serial: 0708
    Maximum Speed: 1411 KB/sec (x7)
    Current Speed: 1411 KB/sec (x7)
    Spin-down After: 2 minutes
    Buffer Size: 768 KB
    Accurate Stream: Yes
    C2 Error Pointers: Yes
    Reads ISRC: Yes
    Reads UPC: Yes

Note that is says my Maximum speed is X7 whereas this drive can normally rip at at least 40x. Is there a way to force DBPoweramp to refresh this data and load it correctly? Sometimes ejecting and reload the CD a few times can fix the problem. Rebooting the PC also can fix the problem, but these are not convenient methods since I'm often running something else and can't reboot at the moment, and sometimes dbpoweramp still has the wrong speed data despite ejecting and reloading the CD several times. Any suggestions or solutions?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ripper get wrong drive info sometimes

Not sure about the problem of your drive specs being incorrect, but I can say that almost every CD I rip ends up ripping at a different speed. In my secure settings, I have the "maximum speed" option. But sometimes it could be as low as x4. But these differences in speed are a function of the CD, the attempt to rip it properly, etc. In short, just because your drive speed is x40, doesn't mean that every CD would rip at that speed.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Ripper get wrong drive info sometimes

Each time you insert an audio cd the drive self determines the maximum speed it can rip.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>