title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Editing Composer metatdata does not change ComposerSort tags

Editing Composer metatdata does not change ComposerSort tags

When ripping a CD, if you modify the Composer information in the "Review Metadata" view, it looks as if any ComposerSort tags [not sure where they come from - there doesn't seem to be any way to view those additional tags in CD Ripper??] are not modified to match. I've been re-ripping my collection on dbPowerAmp and come across several examples where the metadata shows the wrong composer. I modify the composer, but when checking the tags after ripping, the ComposerSort tag still refers to the original.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks,

Pete

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Editing Composer metatdata does not change ComposerSort tags

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin21 View Post
    When ripping a CD, if you modify the Composer information in the "Review Metadata" view, it looks as if any ComposerSort tags [not sure where they come from - there doesn't seem to be any way to view those additional tags in CD Ripper??] are not modified to match. I've been re-ripping my collection on dbPowerAmp and come across several examples where the metadata shows the wrong composer. I modify the composer, but when checking the tags after ripping, the ComposerSort tag still refers to the original.

Is this expected behaviour?
    Yes. Composer and ComposerSort are not intrinsically linked in CDRipper.

To get any tag data as you want, you have to manually modify the tag in question.

You can view any tag in the ID Meta tab of CDRipper (the central section at the bottom of the CDRipper window).
    Last edited by mville; 08-10-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You can view any tag in the ID Meta tab of CDRipper (the central section at the bottom of the CDRipper window).
    Aaagh! I've never spotted that. Now I feel stupid :-)

Thanks,

Pete

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin21 View Post
    Aaagh! I've never spotted that. Now I feel stupid
    I think the ID Meta tab is a very important part of CDRipper and yes, it is not very obvious or user friendly.

dBpoweramp Guru

I think the ID Meta tab is a very important part of CDRipper and yes, it is not very obvious or user friendly.
    And I think and hope that the ID Meta tab should and will be a central point of the UI redesign of R16.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

+1