title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accessibility / high-contrast-theme usage with dBpowerAmp converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin0815
    • Jan 2005

Accessibility / high-contrast-theme usage with dBpowerAmp converter

Hi,

sincerely I needed to switch to a high-contrast-theme on my windows computers.

Such I have now problems with the dbPowerAmp converter installation, where the UI is inconsistent and not completely respecting accessibility guidelines about the usage of high-contrast colors in windows, controls, their background and foreground colors.
    1. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-10_12-38-39_D__Data_Privat_Music.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	296973
    2. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-10_12-40-21_dBpoweramp Music Converter.png
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	296974
    3. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-10_12-40-52_dBpoweramp Music Converter.png
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	296975
    4. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-10_12-41-37_mp3 (Lame) _ Advanced.png
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	296976
    5. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-10_12-41-54_mp3 (Lame) _ Advanced.png
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	296977
    6. ...

Same for the CD-Ripper.

Basically it's about the window background, window text, selection colors, wrong colors in drop-downs or comboboxes and menus, etc.!

I know, there a lot people out there with eye disabilities, but there are only a few complaining.
    But since having "my" problems I don't hesitate to complain, to make even software "better"!

I'd really appreciate, even as "old" customer, if some changes could be applied to help me, or others in using dbPowerAmp even with eye disabilities, with high-contrast-theming!

Kind regards,

Martin
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Accessibility / high-contrast-theme usage with dBpowerAmp converter

We will see what can be done for R16, the main change for R16 will be UI, especially working on the higher DPI resolutions.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Martin0815
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for your quick response!

Is there already a plan, when R16 could be "usable"?

Best regards,

Martin

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is about 6 months from the first test versions.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Martin0815
          • Jan 2005

So it does not worth quick fixing font colors in drop-down/combo boxes, window background/text colors?

Ok - so I'll have to wait and upgrade.

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            We will see what can be done for R16, the main change for R16 will be UI, especially working on the higher DPI resolutions.
            Ok, a bit OT but will this change of the UI include a revision of the system, program and run time settings (admin context vs user context vs run time setting)? Like the ID Tag version i.e.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It might get those right yes.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jthdbpa
                • Nov 2015

A black backround with white text is so much easier on the eyes for us old folks. Kind of how pc's used be in the old dos days. I've been using CD Ripper on my old classical cds and the editing I have to do is just wearing me out.

For an example of how colors could work is the software this forum uses. Windows Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization and change to a high contrast theme, say high contrast black. Ah, so much nicer.

Comment

• Martin0815
                  • Jan 2005

Thanks for the your words!

I need the high-contrast-mode (yellow text on black background, high-contrast-*1 theme) as accessibility helper. My wife wouldn't work a hour with this mode, because in "hurts" her eyes!

For me is only important to have a consistently colored UI!
                  And if a high-contrast-mode support exists, than consistently!

Reading the MSDN chapters about accessibility and high-contrast-modes, than an important word can be read "mandatory"!

Please Spoon take your time to implement or to correct the high-contrast-mode support, but ... not too long!

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

Working...

]]>