title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installing Codecs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rggauld
    • Jan 2014

Installing Codecs

I have a question regarding the installation of dBpoweramp and the codecs... When I install dBpoweramp and the additional codecs,
    they all install to "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp". However, when I try to install the "Reference Codec Pack", it wants to install to the
    "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp", and I can't seem to remove the "\Illustrate" directory. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Installing Codecs

Where are you downloading the Reference Codec Pack from? As I understand it, the Reference Codec Pack is part of dBpoweramp Music Converter and is installed when you install dBpoweramp Music Converter.

What version of dBpoweramp Music Converter is installed?

Are you installing all dBpoweramp software as 32-bit or 64-bit?

I suggest you install dBpoweramp Music Converter followed by the individual codecs/utility codecs.

Comment

• rggauld
      • Jan 2014

I just had the file "dMC-ref-codec-pack.exe" as part of my dBpoweramp archive. The version I have is 15.3 registered 64-bit.
      Also, it seems every time I run the configuration, I get the following error "CLI Encoder has not been configured, open the file
      \Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Encoder\CLI Encoder\encoder.txt and change the extension." First, the directory is
      "\Program Files\dBpoweramp" (there is no \Illustrate), second I don't understand what needs to be changed?

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rggauld
        I just had the file "dMC-ref-codec-pack.exe" as part of my dBpoweramp archive. The version I have is 15.3 registered 64-bit.
        Also, it seems every time I run the configuration, I get the following error "CLI Encoder has not been configured, open the file
        \Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Encoder\CLI Encoder\encoder.txt and change the extension." First, the directory is
        "\Program Files\dBpoweramp" (there is no \Illustrate), second I don't understand what needs to be changed?
        It looks like you've messed up your dBpoweramp software installation.

I would backup the PC and then uninstall all individually installed codecs.

Next, I would re-install dBpoweramp Music Converter R15.3 to the default location of C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp and reboot the PC. Then launch Configure dBpoweramp to check for any errors.

If there are no errors I would install the individual codecs to the default location.

If there are errors I would ask Spoon for help.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The reference codec pack is 32 bit, and R15 is 64 bit on 64 bit Windows.

If you want those codecs you need to force install the 32 bit version of dBpoweramp:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>