title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filename Character Replacement Not Working

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Filename Character Replacement Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by adam1book View Post
    It looks like the Batch Converter wouldn't take that much longer to use (only adds one extra step) so I guess you're right. I just started using dBpoweramp so thanks for the info on the workaround.
    Correct. Also, you may find you have to make tweaks to the mp3 tags/artwork etc., which you can do at this stage. Good luck!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by adam1book View Post
    Also forgot to ask, but going back to the second part of my original question, there's no way to replace a colon with a space and a dash in the folder and filenames?
    No, I don't think so.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I wouldn't use Multi Encoder at all. The limitations make it unusable for me.

However, don't be put off. I too rip my CDs to flac. Then later, when I am happy with the tags, I convert to mp3 from my flac library.

Other experienced users here do the same. It does have it's advantages.
    +1 Great advice.

Multi-Encoder sounds....in theory...like a great time-saver, but in practice, it only adds a lot of work if one has to spend time fixing the metadata in two sets of files, instead of one.