title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Filename Character Replacement Not Working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Filename Character Replacement Not Working

Originally posted by adam1book
    It looks like the Batch Converter wouldn't take that much longer to use (only adds one extra step) so I guess you're right. I just started using dBpoweramp so thanks for the info on the workaround.
    Correct. Also, you may find you have to make tweaks to the mp3 tags/artwork etc., which you can do at this stage. Good luck!

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by adam1book
      Also forgot to ask, but going back to the second part of my original question, there's no way to replace a colon with a space and a dash in the folder and filenames?
      No, I don't think so.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mville
        I wouldn't use Multi Encoder at all. The limitations make it unusable for me.

However, don't be put off. I too rip my CDs to flac. Then later, when I am happy with the tags, I convert to mp3 from my flac library.

Other experienced users here do the same. It does have it's advantages.
        +1 Great advice.

Multi-Encoder sounds....in theory...like a great time-saver, but in practice, it only adds a lot of work if one has to spend time fixing the metadata in two sets of files, instead of one.

Comment

Working...

]]>