title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming:How to get rid of ...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amarok
    • Aug 2015

Naming:How to get rid of ...?

Hi at all :-)

My Album file (Mike Oldfield QE2) reads:

Artist Songtitle / Track / Songtitle / Album:
    01 Mike Oldfield Taurus / 1 / Taurus / QE2

How do I get rid of the 01 at the very beginning?
    How do I get rid of the songtitle Taurus at the left?

I use the default string:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

thanks for help, this naming stuff is not understandable to me :-(
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Naming:How to get rid of ...?

Originally posted by amarok
    Hi at all :-)

My Album file (Mike Oldfield QE2) reads:

Artist Songtitle / Track / Songtitle / Album:

How do I get rid of the 01 at the very beginning?
    How do I get rid of the songtitle Taurus at the left?

I use the default string:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

thanks for help, this naming stuff is not understandable to me :-(
    It's not clear what you're referring to when you say your "album file reads".... Is this in a player display? Is it in Windows Explorer? All those forward slashes and spaces aren't something that would occur with the the default naming string you list, at least not in a standard Windows filesystem.

The Naming String is simply a template....using tag element placeholders, you can construct pretty much whatever folder layout and file name structure you want. Once you get the gist of the syntax it's not as complicated as it looks. But if you're talking about display behavior in a particular player, that may have more to do with the player's settings.

Where are you seeing this?:

Last edited by BrodyBoy; 08-04-2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[artist] - [title]

But it looks like your player is showing both the filename and the ID Tag (of artist and title), so is not possible to get rid of the title.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Regi
        • Aug 2015

I also see this after riping a cd. In my music files in windows 7-8.1or 10, I see a file with the artist name. I open it. I see the cd title. I open it and I
        see exactly as Amarok. Under Name ( 01 Mike Oldfield Taurus ) Under N° (1) Under Album (QE2) Under title ( Taurus). I would like ti get rid of everything
        under name. I see this in Explorer when I open the file downloaded by Cd Ripper. I can unclic album, title, N° but not Name. I would like to see only the number and the title of the track I am listening. Where can I find information concerning folder layout and file name structure I want. Where is the info concerning how to use CD ripper! Thank you.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Regi
          I also see this after riping a cd. In my music files in windows 7-8.1or 10, I see a file with the artist name. I open it. I see the cd title.
          Not sure, but in the above, I think you are referring to folders in File Explorer, folders are not files.

Where is the info concerning how to use CD ripper?
          See here for details (this page contains links to the online help):
          Convert Audio CDs fast and bit-perfect, secure ripping from the inventors of AccurateRip with quality metadata and album art

and learn how to use the Naming string in CDRipper to accomplish the folderpath/filenames you desire. This forum has a lot of info on Naming.
          Last edited by mville; 08-17-2015, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

I also see this after riping a cd. In my music files in windows 7-8.1or 10, I see a file with the artist name. I open it. I see the cd title.
            As mville says, your description sounds more like your folder structure, not specific files. This is normal, it's the typical folder structure that most of us use.

I open it and I see exactly as Amarok.
            Under Name ( 01 Mike Oldfield Taurus )
            Under N° (1)
            Under Album (QE2)
            Under title ( Taurus).

I would like ti get rid of everything under name. I see this in Explorer when I open the file downloaded by Cd Ripper. I can unclic album, title, N° but not Name. I would like to see only the number and the title of the track I am listening. Where can I find information concerning folder layout and file name structure I want. Where is the info concerning how to use CD ripper! Thank you.
            Okay, I think I get what you're asking....you want to change the file names that CD Ripper is giving to your files, so that when you see the file information in Windows Explorer (or in your player), it looks like 01 Taurus instead of 01 Mike Oldfield Taurus.....is that right?

If so, you need to change the last part of your naming string in CD Ripper. Click on the "Set" button near the Naming String window (in the lower left corner of the CD Ripper screen). Right now, the last part of the naming string, after the last backslash, is [TRACK] [ARTIST] [TITLE]. (I am assuming that you wrote it out exactly as it shows in Windows Explorer, and that it has no dashes or other punctuation.) You need to remove the [ARTIST] part, so the end of your naming string is just [TRACK] [TITLE]. (Don't change anything before the last backslash, as that would change your folder structure.)

Comment

• Regi
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by mville
              Not sure, but in the above, I think you are referring to folders in File Explorer, folders are not files.

Yes I meamt folder ( Sorry, I'm french so my English is poor... )

See here for details (this page contains links to the online help):
              Convert Audio CDs fast and bit-perfect, secure ripping from the inventors of AccurateRip with quality metadata and album art

and learn how to use the Naming string in CDRipper to accomplish the folderpath/filenames you desire. This forum has a lot of info on Naming.
              Thank you very much for your answer!

Comment

• Regi
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
                As mville says, your description sounds more like your folder structure, not specific files. This is normal, it's the typical folder structure that most of us use.

Yes.

Okay, I think I get what you're asking....you want to change the file names that CD Ripper is giving to your files, so that when you see the file information in Windows Explorer (or in your player), it looks like 01 Taurus instead of 01 Mike Oldfield Taurus.....is that right?

Exactly! That is also what Amarok wanted.

If so, you need to change the last part of your naming string in CD Ripper. Click on the "Set" button near the Naming String window (in the lower left corner of the CD Ripper screen). Right now, the last part of the naming string, after the last backslash, is [TRACK] [ARTIST] [TITLE]. (I am assuming that you wrote it out exactly as it shows in Windows Explorer, and that it has no dashes or other punctuation.) You need to remove the [ARTIST] part, so the end of your naming string is just [TRACK] [TITLE]. (Don't change anything before the last backslash, as that would change your folder structure.)
                I have done it and I get now what I want: the trak's number (01) and the track name ( Taurus ) and I deleted the artist name as you wrote!
                I hope Amarok reads this because he wanted to get rid of the 01 and song title title I think!

Thank you very much for this great reply!!!!

Comment

Working...

]]>