title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter not conversion total tracks

Music Converter not conversion total tracks

How can I get Music Converter to convert all tracks. It's only converting 8 of the 11 tracks. I went to Configure and set it to a high number like 25 but still only configuring 8 of the 11?

Administrator

Re: Music Converter not conversion total tracks

You have the apple version? It is likely you are configuring the CPU count to use, if you have a quad core cpu there will be 8 cores to use (the other 4 are virtual).

Thanks for the reply. I have 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 12GB ram. I don't care if the file is large so wouldn't it be better to convert to AIFF and not FLAC. And if you can what is the very best possible setting for bet quality. My internal Mac CD player crashed on me so I went to Best Buy and got a LG SuperMulti BLADE Writer. Nice and quiet. I had to return there very bottom of the line one because it was vibrating so much I was getting corrupted writes. It was the kind you had to snap the disk into. This one you just slide it in. I have many files that were given to me on a hard drive in FLAC and this was early in my learning and I just converted them to AIFF with xACT 1.58 at default setting. They sound OK but was wondering is there anything I need to do to the AIFF's in Dbpoweramp to make them better?

Administrator

Nothing to do, lossless is lossless, you want the exact same data as contained on the Audio CD.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Nothing to do, lossless is lossless, you want the exact same data as contained on the Audio CD.
    which you are getting whether you convert them to FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, etc. Lossless equals lossless and all these formats are lossless.

p.s. on the converting 8 of 11, I think you're seeing that it is simultaneously converting 8 of the files as you have 8 cores. If you just continue to watch it you'll see that it eventually converts all 11 files.

Thank You