title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Never unable to rip a CD with dBPoweramp till now

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffrey
    • Jan 2015

Never unable to rip a CD with dBPoweramp till now

I've used dBPoweramp for years. Never met a CD I could not rip in FLAC till now. The CD: Rudresh Mahanthappa's "Bird Calls" ACT 9581-2 (currently a hot release given top honors from Downbeat magazine). I have dBPoweramp version Ref15; use FLAC encoder: FLAC 1.3.1/15.3. The first track of CD of 2:50 minutes in length took over 15 minutes to rip. Track did two passes as inaccurate and third try gave me over !2,000 frames to rerip! The speed of ripping drive was always running very slow (well under 1). I was never able to get any read other than "inaccurate" no matter what changes I made to ripping settings. I certainly have hours to rip one CD and not sure that would even be enough time to finish the process> This CD is a ACT disc manufactured in Munchen, Germany. I owned other ACT CD's over the years which all ripped fine. Could this CD be engineered with tweeks to make ripping difficult, if not impossible?
    Last edited by geoffrey; 07-29-2015, 12:12 PM.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Never unable to rip a CD with dBPoweramp till now

CD may have copy protection technology (check CD/booklet for clues) or may have manufacturing errors. Can you try to rip in another optical drive?

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Re: Never unable to rip a CD with dBPoweramp till now

Hey mville,

Originally posted by mville
      CD may have copy protection technology (check CD/booklet for clues)...
      I don't think, that there is a copy protection on that CD. I have and I buy a lot of CDs from ACT, the Jazz label from my current home town Munich. Without a proof I would guess that none of my ACT CDs has a copy protection. In addition I believe that a copy protection for a current release is very unlikely, especially in the Jazz genre. A manufactoring error is more likely.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>