title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with transcoding on Asset v5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigjohn
    • Jul 2015

Problem with transcoding on Asset v5

I have recently upgraded from Asset 3 to 5 registered version (in order to get DSD support).

It is the Windows version installed on WHS 2011, running as a service.

For one of my players I have a control point specific settings override set up to transcode all files to MP3, and this doesn't seem to be working correctly since I upgraded Asset (it was fine before). The issue is that when I select a track which is higher than CD resolution it plays as 'white noise'. The player says it is receiving an MP3 320kbs file, which is what it should be receiving, but there is no music. For CD resolution files (i.e. 16 bit 44.1kHz) it works correctly, receiving 320kbs MP3 and playing music. All of my pcm files are stored as flac files on the server.

I attach an extract from the debug log showing examples of two tracks being played:
    1. Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone - 16/44.1 - plays correctly
    2. Bob Marley - Is This Love - 24/96 - does not play correctly, plays as noise

My interpretation of the log file is that there is an error in the input parameters to Lame on the 24/96 file (Lame encoder settings: -b 320 --strictly-enforce-ISO -t --noreplaygain -r --little-endian -s 48 --bitwidth 16 - "-"), but I'm only guessing, obviously, so would appreciate your advice.

The transcoding to MP3 also fails if I select a dsf file - again the player receives a 320kbs MP3 file but it plays as noise not music. Is Asset supposed to be able to transcode DSD to MP3, or am I expecting too much there?

Thanks
    asset debug log 25-07-2015.txt
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with transcoding on Asset v5

Possible bug noted.

It would be possible to stream dsd decoded to pcm, however it will be a high resolution so would potentially have the issue you have.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigjohn
      • Jul 2015

Re: Problem with transcoding on Asset v5

OK, thanks..... any idea when/if it could be fixed in a new release of Asset?

Comment

Working...

]]>