title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset R5.1 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Asset R5.1 Discussions

Please post all discussions relating to R5.1 beta here.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • Niko
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Re: Asset R5.1 Discussions

Installed 5.1 beta under Win 10 Build 10240 under VMware. Win 7 with 5.0 registered - as well under VMware - gives same results on 2 separate NAS (one time Synology only associated, next time QNAP only), namely 22647 tracks on 1403 albums.

Same result is indicated by Minim Server running natively both on either NAS, by Asset 4.5 (reg.) natively on QNAP and by Asset 4.5 (reg.) natively (Synology share associated). DOS dir command says 22548 WAV and 99 FLAC files, also counted on both NAS as well as on backup drives. So this track figure can be believed in, I think.

Asset 5.1. beta pointing to QNAP gave 22645 track, thereafter pointing to Synology gave 22657 tracks (1403 albums in both cases = OK). Since I will not find enough time during this week to manually find out the reasons for the difference:
    -> Is there a way to enable a log file to find out which 2 files were left out on QNAP ?
    -> Any idea how to find out which files - and why - were counted twice on Synology ?

However, 5.1. needs for initial counting about 30 % more time than 5.0. Could be due to Win 10, since VMware setup is the same for both virtual machines (2 CPUs and 4 GB RAM associated, only one virtual running while testing). Any similar experience with your Win 10 testing ?
    Last edited by Niko; 07-27-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• alk630
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2014

I don't know when the following possible bug was introduced, but now running 5.1 beta on Windows 7 x64 SP1:

Everything was running perfectly until earlier today, when I triggered a <Refresh All> scan to try and correct some folder art, which had not updated correctly. I have not previously refreshed my collection for quite some time and everything appears to be working correctly, apart from in <Playlists> -> <New Albums>. When I click on any of the albums in there, no tracks are displayed. The same behaviour is experienced using both Kinsky and Asset Control. I have now tried a <Refresh All> scan twice, both times with the same result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	292960
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	292961
      Last edited by alk630; 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• alk630
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2014

Update to the above post:

Tracks are displayed correctly when new albums are added to the collection, but remain missing for all the albums prior to the <Refresh All> scan.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You can browse any of these albums through: Artist / Album?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            You can browse any of these albums through: Artist / Album?
            Yes... they display fine there.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Restarting Asset solves the problem, obviously we have to do some extra work here on a refresh all.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jun 2014

Thanks for the info Spoon.... appreciated.

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

After every installation of the latest Asset R5.1 beta, my Asset Running Mode automatically changes from Local Account to Service and I end up with 2 Asset Servers available on the Network. On opening of the Asset UPnP Configuration, I see that the Asset Running Mode has changed to Service.

How can I stop Asset switching from Local Account to Service after installation?
                  Last edited by mville; 08-02-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

I will look into it.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jun 2014

I don't know whether mville's installation problem is related to the one I posted some time ago in the Asset R5 discussion starting at post *64:

Is it also possible to perform a check on installation of a new version of Asset, to close the Asset configuration window, to prevent two windows (one from the previous version and one from the newly installed version) being open after installation please? I know this is a minor issue, but it is still an issue.

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mville
                        After every installation of the latest Asset R5.1 beta, my Asset Running Mode automatically changes from Local Account to Service and I end up with 2 Asset Servers available on the Network. On opening of the Asset UPnP Configuration, I see that the Asset Running Mode has changed to Service.

How can I stop Asset switching from Local Account to Service after installation?
                        I notice this is still happening, even with the new R5.1 installation. Any way I can stop this happening?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

I spend a whole day on this, testing the various modes and they worked 100% correctly (installing and uninstalling asset about 50 times), and as a precaution I changed the configuration program so it would always 100% remove the existing asset before running a 2nd asset. I have no clue how this is happening for you.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>