title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Some Basic Asset Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balderick
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Some Basic Asset Questions

I'm curious about the behavior of Asset and have several questions.
    1. Asset seems to take quite some time to index, or count, or what ever it's doing. For my Synology NAS drive with 55,000 songs it takes nearly 2 hrs to finish "Refreshing All"
    2. Asset does not seem to keep itself apprised of changes. Any additions to the library are listed only as Folders without contents. In contrast, the server software for Synology is always up-to-date.
    3. Asset often loses all it's info except the folder names. I will often go to use my digital music to only be able to see the Folder names and no contents. This requires a full refresh to fix. Is this common?
    4. Searching seems to be pretty useless too. I couldn't find the word 'Georgia' until I was in the Ray Charles Folder. Are searches done by the control point app/software or Asset?
    5. Will there be a version for Synology?

My system is comprised of:
    Intel i7-4790 3.60GHz
    Win 7 64 bit
    8Gb Ram
    Home network with Router, a couple of network switches and some powerline adapters
    Synology DS213 NAS (2x3Tb WD Red drives)
    Digital Audio File Renderer - Simaudio Moon MiND-180
    Control Point - Bubble UPnP (current ver.)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Some Basic Asset Questions

1. Is normal for this amount of tracks
    2. We detect changes but on a network share it will only work upto a certain number of files on the share, then the update notification stop happening (it is at an OS level outside of asset).
    3. No, it suggests that the configuration details are stored somewhere they are being deleted by something else, or perhaps a reboot, or the network share is being removed.
    4. R5 fixes this
    5. Unlikely at this time
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>