title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Shifting the start time of tracks on a CD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Busta Uppa
    • Jul 2015

Shifting the start time of tracks on a CD?

I've encountered some CDs where the track "cuts" seem to be in the wrong place, on some or all tracks.
    i.e. at the very end of a track, you hear a split second of the next song.

Or for a real edge-case scenario, I have a game CD with redbook audio where each track has a "pop" followed by two seconds of silence at the beginning of each track.

Is there a way to have the dbPoweramp CD ripper shift over the start time of all tracks? Or would I have to do the "rip as one" process for every track that has a problematic cut?

I take it such an option might render AccurateRip useless, so not sure if it would even be worth the trouble. But I was curious.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Shifting the start time of tracks on a CD?

Originally posted by Busta Uppa
    I've encountered some CDs where the track "cuts" seem to be in the wrong place, on some or all tracks.
    i.e. at the very end of a track, you hear a split second of the next song.
    On what playback device are you hearing this?

Comment

• Busta Uppa
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by mville
      On what playback device are you hearing this?
      My frame of reference was more the ripped tracks than the CD directly, so now that I think about it my old ripping methods over the years may be the culprit. I will have to test when I pinpoint a specific album that had the problem.

I'm sure about the example of the game CD though. Distinct pops at the beginning, probably related to how the game was programmed to reference the music. I think in the past I used CDEX, and used some type of per-disc offset setting that basically shifted the pops to the end of the previous track. I wouldn't want to mess with the main offset option in dpPoweramp though, since its such a key element of AccurateRip.

What I think I'll end up doing, in the case of game CDs like that, is just rip normally and then modify the track start time in the iTunes options. That's how I've been dealing with hidden tracks at the end of albums - instead of cutting up the audio in an editor program, just make two copies of the last track, tag them separately, and modify the respective start/end times. Safe, non-destructive edits that won't require me to re-rip anything if I make a mistake.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would have to use rip as one for each track.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>