title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Album Artists" do not display as with previous versions

"Album Artists" do not display as with previous versions

Hi, having just upgraded to Asset R5 I have been frustrated by the change in the way Album Artists are displayed and navigated. I used to have "Album Artist" set up under root and "Album" set up as a child of "Album Artist". This used to enable navigation as for "Artist/Album", e.g. "All Album Artists" or I could select a letter of the alphabet correspond with the first letter of the album artist's name. I would then see a list of albums. Now, I get a more complicated process whereby all the artists are listed. I then have to select an artist and then have to select "album" in order to get the the list of albums.

Is this an intentional change, or is there some additional configuration that I need to complete?

Administrator

Re: "Album Artists" do not display as with previous versions

If you added Album Artist to the root of the tree, you would have previously done this, because by default Album Artist browsing is only under the Advanced Search item. R5 installs with the default browse tree, you would have to set it up as you did for R4.